🐶 わんわん探偵団 🕵 Home Thread - Doggy Detectives!

@Radish8 I was just wondering, do you deliberately close the participation polls for each thread after a while? Or do the polls time out after a period and close themselves? I was thinking people catching up might want to mark their participation.

1 Like

Week 10 Story Two Part 3

Nice to see so many people still reading along! Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

7 Likes

@frayderike I sense a presence :eyes: :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m back, yes. :rofl: Catching up now. Finished case 1 and will read the solution part tomorrow. Maybe even read some pages of case 2 tomorrow as well.

8 Likes

Great to have you back!

1 Like

Last part of Story Two’s case!

5 Likes

Now reading along :grinning:

7 Likes

Week 12!

This week we’re starting the (rather long!) solution to story two. Stepping up a little bit to 6 pages per week as well.

6 Likes

Week 13

Everyone alright with the six pages?

8 Likes

I’m just starting and hoping to catch up by the start of case 3. I’m also in the なぜ?どうして?科学のお話2年生 bookclub but I’m really enjoying the different style of this book. I’m already learning a lot of small, casual sounding Japanese since the dialogue in わんわん is unlike anything in that book.

8 Likes

Nice! Yeah, I can imagine it’s good to get the exposure both to fiction and non-fiction. Glad to have you with us :blush:

4 Likes

Week 14

Penultimate part of this story! It’s a colourful one :grin:

7 Likes

Week 15!

Final part of Story 2! :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Week Off :beach_umbrella: :grin:

Don’t forget that we’re taking a short one-week break before moving on to Story Three, which will start on 3rd August.

8 Likes

Week 16

We’re starting the final story! This is the shortest one in the book :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Week 17

6 Likes

Anyone buying on Book Walker - there is a deal on this weekend for Obon. They are giving 40% coin back, which assuming you spend the coins in the future is equivalent to 40% off. Offer lasts til Tues am Japan time.

3 Likes

Week 18

Final part of our final case!

6 Likes

Any plans yet on when we want to start reading the next wanwan book?

1 Like

Shall we wait to see what gets picked next for the ABC? If they line up another book next I might be inclined to take a bit of a break. We’d be starting right around the same time otherwise.

If not, we should give a pretty substantial lead time for people to get a copy; shipping is all messed up and book two isn’t readily available. Might as well time it to follow on precisely from Big Brother Rental, in fact.

6 Likes