ひいきびいき will be inaccessible after the end of May 2020

Oh, maybe you don’t need to make another torrent to add trackers. I don’t know how this works, lol

maybe try this tracker, I’ve tried and it’s working

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80

1 Like

Ok, tried adding that and a few others.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00794681447731049517

4 Likes

I’m so confused. Why are they doing this? I thought hiikibiiki was back since they recently started releasing new episodes again.

2 Likes

are you uploading now? I think you are uploading to a Canadian guy. Hope that’s true. if that’s okay then probably the torrent is working properly. We just have to wait for a few days.

1 Like

Yeah, Canadian has been going steady. Also a fellow Swede just connected.

Looks like it’s still mainly DHT and PeX, though. I guess people just need to get the latest torrent with the right trackers.

that’s great. Let’s preserve this internet gem together :hugs: at least for a few years xD

1 Like

I am seeding steadily at my cap of 1 MB/s now (I’m on 4G so I sadly do need to limit it), so the initial seed should be finished in a few hours

1 Like

1 Like

Will it be inaccessible on Apple too? You can find ひいきびいき on the Podcast app, so I’m curious if it’ll disappear from there too…

@sydneyny Servers cost money and apple only lists the podcast so it will be gone from there too.

I have 5 trackers and they all don’t seem to work,(I had the old torrent.) but I see a couple of peers and it’s downloading and uploading. I’m using my server, so it should give some nice speed. Only 1GB downloaded yet tho

1 Like

Keep in mind that I’m capped at 1 MB/s upload

1 Like

Yup. I’m aware. I meant my upload speed with the server.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Had this in my podcast app but never listened to any yet. So this is a good reason to mass download everything. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wow, 17GB of audio. I wonder if it could be compressed a bit without huge loss in quality.

EDIT: Downloaded one file and it seems to be in stereo. There should be no reason to do a vocal podcast in stereo, so we could cut down file size by converting to mono.

EDIT2: Uff and their sampling rate is also too high and bitrate could be lower, too.

2 Likes

Yep, downmixing and downsampling to 22.05 kHz mono and squeezing into 32kbit AAC shaved one of the files from around 77 MB to just a bit over 25 MB with no real noticeable quality loss. Using Opus could likely even shave that AAC file size by around half as well.

1 Like

People, don’t use μTorrent. It’s not open source (and may contain adware/junkware, has bad privacy settings), so it’s not safe. I highly recommend qBittorrent.

Noticed from the list of connected peers.

2 Likes

Seconded on qBitorrent. I’ll seed this for a month or so, thanks for putting this archive together for us, and for the heads up.

1 Like

I might be missing the obvious, but is the first one missing? 001.mpg