Can't access ひいきびいき Podcast

I wanted to download more episodes of ひいきびい but unfortunately I get an error message. I also can’t access their website.
On reddit I saw a thread where they said the podcast has ended.

If you know any websites were I can download the episodes, please let me know.

Unless someone has downloaded an archive of the podcast I don’t see anywhere else of getting it.
I don’t know what your interests are but I’m heavily into tech/ computing and I really like the rebuild podcast. Sorry I couldn’t answer your question but I thought I’d a suggest a possible alternative. I’m sure other people here will have better alternatives.

According to this, their site went down because they reached their traffic quota (probably a large influx of people to the site because of the podcast ending) so it’s only temporarily offline and should be back up soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

ok I see. thanks alot. I’ll wait then :+1:t5:

1 Like

Aw man, it sucks that they’re quitting. Anyone have any similar podcasts to recommend?

FYI: Their site is back up so you can access all the podcasts now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thank you so much. you’re my hero😄
unfortunately they don’t have the episodes older than #100.
do you think they’ll make them available again?

Hmm I’m not sure about that to be honest :thinking:

I can’t seem to find them anywhere – when I googled it by “ひいきびいき 第099回” something came up but then the site for it was inaccessible :hushed: おかしい

1 Like

that’s really strange. I really hope they make the older episodes available again.
Do you maybe know if they understand English? I thought about emailing.

Pretty sure all their old stuff can be found with Apple podcast, I was listening to them the other day.

1 Like

I’m using an android device. Usually I listen to podcasts on my Pocket Cast app.

It’s the same RSS feed either way

1 Like

ok didn’t know that. thank you.

I couldn’t go past 100 either and I use the Apple podcast app :thinking:

1 Like

Hmm… you’re absolutely right! I double checked, and… the oldest is 100!

2 Likes

The app CastBox is another place it’s available for download or streaming, along with a lot of other foreign podcasts. It appears to have all episodes back to episode 4. (Disclaimer: I haven’t tried listening to the older episodes, but they are there.)

1 Like

I really hope they can add their old episodes back because this CastBox thing doesn’t seem to be working well for me. Not only that but I’d like to download the episodes to play whenever I want which it doesn’t seem possible on the web version at least. I’d really rather not have to go through the trouble of downloading a few episodes at a time on my phone, tranferring it over when my phone runs out of space, deleting the files on my phone and repeating that until I go through all the episodes.

1 Like

thanks for the suggestion. but unfortunately the episodes older than#100 aren’t available as well. like on pocket cast.

I’ll reach out to them and see what they say.
if anyone has an update on that topic please let me know.

@momoiro @MissMisc @RysingDragon

Daichig-san replied to me on Twitter.
that’s what he said.
I guess we have to wait for some time until they’ll be able to make them available again.
But still, I’m happy they replied that quickly.

1 Like

I don’t think it has to do with server load. The files for 1-99 are just not there.