ねーレベルアップってどういう感じ?

I’ve been wondering about this for a while now, actually! What exactly does leveling up entail? Am I specifically supposed to have all of my concepts moved to “master”, and then I level up and never see them again? I’ve read through quite a few pages, but I can’t seem to find anything.

I wasn’t sure about using WK considering I’d been studying Japanese for a while; I didn’t know if it would be beneficial, but I’m loving the consistency it’s creating (even if I know the kanji thus far!). Thank you guys for the encouraging words and advice yesterday about this dilemma! :smile:

1 Like

You level up when 90% of the Kanji in your current level are at ‘guru’. They will keep coming back (slower and slower) until they reach ‘burned’ in 6 months or so.

4 Likes

Ahhh!~ I see—I’m so excited! Im really excited! Thanks for your guidance!

2 Likes

Be aware that every time you level up, you will unlock a big pile of lessons (vocab from your newly-Gurued kanji, and new radicals/kanji/vocab from the next level).

Don’t let this alarm you; just keep doing your reviews and lessons at whatever you find to be a sustainable pace.

(If you already have some kanji experience, you might find yourself rushing through the early levels. If you do, watch out for the point at which things start becoming mostly-new to you, and adjust your pace to something that you still find sustainable.)

4 Likes

Your advice was so helpful! Thank you for your kind words; I’ll be sure to be careful! As far as I can tell, I won’t start having on-level Kanji until mid-to-late 30’s level, but I’m enjoying the ride nonetheless. It’s been very stimulating thus far, even for the kanji that I do know!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.