にゃんにゃん - Kitty Detectives - Vol. 1

i only have japanese kindle… it seems silly they would region block these things though

i plan on getting the kindle one

Do you know if there’s a couple sample pages to see it first?

I’ve just started with some 1st and 2nd grade lectures myself.
This one it’s supposed to be aimed at 3rd / 4th graders a beyond.

I bought a couple of books aimed at 4th / 5th graders before, and were kind of out of my reach for now.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

if you hit that link on the first post, it’ll take you to amazon. Under the kindle tab, you can preview a few pages of the book which will give you a good idea if its where you’re comfortable reading.

2 Likes

Thanks! The Honto website had a 立ち読み option too :+1:

As it turns out, it’s quite similar level to my actual readings. I started with books from this collection, aimed at 4-5th graders, and the jump was too much… probably because they are 200-300 pages novels (with some, but not a lot of pictures).

I think I’ll give it a shot.

Sample page for anyone interested in checking

5 Likes

Welp, none of the sites ship to my place. Guess it’s a pirate’s life for me.

1 Like

You could try getting the eBook version.

1 Like

Assuming there’s a shop that doesn’t expect me to pay nearly the same amount for the digital version as for the physical one, sure.

I made an amazon.jp account to get the kindle version, but it says it’s not available in my country as soon as I log in. I didn’t set an adress / location in the registration process though :confused: any tips?

Ordered mine yesterday!

1 Like

Just ordered my copy from the Japanese site, hopefully it’ll come before the 1st July.

1 Like

Just checked the first pages on amazon-preview. This looks right up my ally. I recognize most of it, but it uses grammar I know in new combinations.

For those wondering if this might be on your level or not, I’ve finished Genki 1 and just started Genki 2. I’ve passed JLPT N5. So this book should be a really good beginner book. Much easier than for example Yotsuba.

Hope this helps someone:)

3 Likes

there’s a thread somewhere about this! I’ll try and find it (i think it was in one of the other reading group threads)

2 Likes

ありがとうございます。I looked at the “how to buy from amazon.jp thread, but it didn’t cover my question” ^^"

Thank you!

I love Yotsuba and read three and a half volumes of it with the Yotsuba Reading Club here (which is amazing and full of the most wonderful, most kind, most patient people you could imagine) but it is a real struggle. Yotsuba is much too difficult for me and I could only read it because of the kindness of people in the Reading Club. Plus, it’s full of slang that I should not be learning!

This book looks brilliant! It’s much easier than Yotsuba, with language that is not full of slang, and unlike most books at this level - it looks like so much fun! My wife (Japanese) started reading it last night and she loves it! Really, I can’t wait till we get started!

7 Likes

Also got the book from bookwalker. Packed it into a cbz to be able to read it on all my readers. Looking forward to this one!

~Cheers

1 Like

I found it, thank you.
For everyone with similar problems :
https://community.wanikani.com/t/buying-digital-japanese-books/10603/151

now the only thing to do is finding a payment method that works for me.

3 Likes

Sounds interesting! The webpage seems to indicate that it is an EPUB file, is this actually true? I don’t have a kindle and I would like to avoid it tbh…

Thanks @marcusp for setting this one up! I’m looking forward to joining :slight_smile:

Good timing to start on July 1st, right after JLPT :wink:

1 Like

Let’s try this

1 Like

I’m afraid I’ve got my hands full with the beginner and intermediate books (and Yotsuba 5 when that starts), so I can’t follow along, but I’ll watch the thread for difficult questions. (And I’m guessing seanblue’s probably gonna do the same)

3 Likes