にゃんにゃん - Kitty Detectives - Vol. 1

Brilliant!

Yes! That would be great:D

1 Like

I wonder how they’ll translate the title of that one…

3 Likes

Hello! This looks like a really cool book!
どうもありがとうがざいました!
:sunflower:

3 Likes

I was able to purchase the book electronically via https://booklive.jp/product/index/title_id/279368/vol_no/001. I am looking forward to reading this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also bought the electronic version. :blush:
And oh my god, this is going to be my first Japanese book, really excited about it! I mean, I feel super motivated, thanks @marcusp!

3 Likes

Let’s see… probably Bitch Detective.

7 Likes

marcusp,

Just ordered mine and it said delivery from July 10-Aug. 14. I hope it comes early!

1 Like

Great stuff, i’m in!

1 Like

Yep. Joined for the pussy. Stayed for the sleuthing :wink:

4 Likes

I just ordered my used copy (way cheaper), it should arrive between 22nd of June and 2nd of July.

Originally I wanted to join in on reading Aria the Masterpiece but it’s above my level. I don’t know how hard this is going to be but judging from the cover it looks easier. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Got mine on BookLive, as well! I’m all set! I’m excited; I’ve never been in a book club before. :smiley:

2 Likes

I just bought it on Amazon JP for $18.40 including shipping . It’s $25.37 with shipping from Amazon US.

1 Like

Mine was $13.44 through Amazon US, but that was getting a “Very Good” level used copy.

A lot of those prices get set algorithmically based on demand, so if a lot of them start getting bought up, you might see prices increase.

If anyone wants to read an eleven-page research paper on the subject, here it is.

1 Like

Just ordered. Now I have to hope my wife doesn’t see the order confirmation – no, really, it’s not what you think!

4 Likes

I downloaded the digital book from Bookwalker😃 for ¥1.000,00 Nice, I 'm looking forward to reading it.!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the great response! I wish we could start right away, I’m so keen, but July 1st still seems to be the best date in terms of most people getting their copies (and we’re taking it slow, so there’s always time to catch up). This is going to be great fun, a real book for cat-loving low-level Japanese readers!

2 Likes

This will be my first time participating in any events on the forums, looking forward to learning a lot from this experience!!

2 Likes

It also appears to be available on Honto as well, which has a convenient ebook reader app as well.

It’s been a while since I signed up (I had to create a JP iTunes account to download the app). If anyone remembers off the top of their heads where the Honto signup thread was, it’d be sure to help!

3 Likes

For folk that are a little apprehensive because of the shipping price. I strongly encourage you to get the kindle version. It’s the exact same, and it’s much cheaper. (It’s what I got.)

3 Likes