それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 9 Thread

You know when you’ve had a nagging feeling that there was something you’ve been meaning to say/do, but you have no idea what it was, so you just continue on hoping it’ll eventually come to mind?..

This is one of those times, and you just reminded me of what it was. :sweat_smile: I noticed this a bit ago myself and totally forgot to say anything after I finished reading the chapter I was on.

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing it out! When I create a new volume’s sheet, I normally copy access permissions from the prior one, but it looks like I messed that up this time. I’ve changed access to view to edit now. (It’s hard for me to catch when I make this mistake.)

Aha, we have the true culprit to blame!

(Just kidding.)

I think this just shows to go how comfortable our group is with words that no one’s rushing to fill anything into the sheet =D

6 Likes
Story comments

Urushi’s dad is tall? I guess she lost the genetics roulette. In that chapter that was called back to, I was wondering whether the thing she didn’t want to talk about was going to turn out to be something serious or something comical. Given the difference in stature between father and daughter, and the fact that she said he’s nice, I’m going to guess it will at least partially be something comical. Hopefully we find out next week!

5 Likes

I think the vocabulary also is fairly easy, I just like to do add like 1 or 2 words per chapter once in a while :smiley: (also makes me feel useful :joy: )

And thanks for updating the sheet! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It was already hard to stop at the end of 118 oh god

5 Likes

Does anyone else feel like the series is really getting fast-paced lately?

It’s time for 第119-120局.

6 Likes

Current week spoilers:

We went from boyfriend to marriage so fast… or well, so her father thought anyway. :joy:

And for next week, the between chapter image… :eyes: I’m looking forward to it. Was hard not to read ahead, but I should probably try and catch up with what I’m behind on before indulging. :joy:

4 Likes

Wait what? I’m already at the end of this week’s reading??? It went by so fast!

4 Likes

When I worked out the schedule for this volume, I was rather disappointed that the image was at the end of a week’s reading rather than between a week’s chapters. I tried to figure out if there was a way I could restructure the weeks to work around that, but it was not meant to be!

Almost as fast as that game of shogi.

5 Likes
Lots of funny moments on these chapters

B-bold

He’s like a zombie, a tall zombie

Bold x2

He kinda reminds me of Zeke from AoT

Her brain got fried

It truly was hard not to read ahead, it seems the plot is either going to go super fast now or we’re just getting bait and switched and everything will just go back to status quo haha

4 Likes

Throughout the next 17 volumes, we find that every chapter is nothing but careful analysis of shogi moves.

4 Likes

Watch the manga slowly turn into an actual Shougi learning course

4 Likes
I'm still waiting for the volume-long storyline telling us what's going on with these two.

4 Likes

Wait, we’re at the end of the volume with 第121局+おまけ already?

5 Likes
Story comments

So, it turned out to be nothing serious after all! For some reason, I didn’t expect both of Urushi’s parents to be around. So many manga/anime feature high school kids with either 0 or 1 parent. But her mom is also not short? She double lost the genetics roulette!

Hopefully in the next volume they let us know the result of the match in the おまけ. It definitely seems like her dad is better, since he crushed Ayumu with 8 pieces dropped, and Urushi lost vs Ayumu with 4 pieces dropped. But it would be interesting to see just how many pieces he can drop and still beat her.

5 Likes

Maybe she will still grow in the future?! :joy:

4 Likes

She’s in her last year of high school right? I’m not sure there’s much hope for that :sweat_smile:

4 Likes
Story Comments

Definitely a fan of the family dynamic – seems fun, and I’m looking forward to seeing more of it as we read.

We are pretty quickly catching up with released volumes, though, eh? I think we may end up in a situation where we have to wait for release at some point…

By the way, was anybody able to make out the kanji in the furigana for 仕事場 on Pg. 126? Is it 離れ?

5 Likes

New volume is out in a day or two!

But yeah, the club’s going to be caught up before we know it. That’ll be something like 56 more chapters, or 28 more weeks, so about six months? (Is my math wrong? Maybe the next next volume will be out by then!)

I was torn between ■れ and ⯀れ, but I think you may be on to something. It makes sense to be that if he works from home.

6 Likes

I’m basically going off of: The shape vaguely resembles that and in the おまけ, お母さん mentions a 離れの仕事場 . I’m glad I’m not the only one who determined the kanji to be unreadable though :joy:

6 Likes