それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 11 Thread

Offshoot Home Thread

Looking for general info about the book? Check the Nomination post for more details (´。• ᵕ •。`) Also, note that this is an offshoot club’s thread, meaning that we have already finished reading the first volume, that you can find at それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 1 thread (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapters
Week 1 Jan 7 第136-137局
Week 2 Jan 14 第138-139局
Week 3 Jan 21 第140-141局
Week 4 Jan 28 第142-143局
Week 5 Feb 4 第144-145局
Week 6 Feb 11 第146-147局
Week 7 Feb 18 第148-149局

Vocabulary List

Please read the guidelines on the first page of the sheet before adding any words.

Members

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later

0 voters

5 Likes

I’m posting a little early today, but this week it’s 第136-137局.

5 Likes
Story Comments

I was so relieved that Rin and Urushi didn’t go with their original picks for swimsuits. :sweat_smile:

But also…man, this volume is going to be the volume of poor Rin’s pain. :cry:

5 Likes
Story comment

Rin really is going all out now :frowning:

5 Likes
Story comments

It’s like watching two cars in slow motion that you know are going to crash :disappointed: At first i thought she would avoid this because she was supporting them. Then she started wobbling and I thought “noooo, stay the course!” She definitely did not stay the course.

5 Likes

Oh, did last week’s chapter end abruptly in the middle of a scene? Let’s get back to it in 第138局. Of course, fun in the sun continues through 第139局.

5 Likes
Story Comments

I’m a bit early this week for the reading. The slow-motion car wreck continues. Rin is adorable, and I just can’t help but feel awful knowing there is no chance. :sob:

Takeru, on the other hand, good on him! Their little relationship is progressing nicely… if suddenly very fast. :joy:

Side-note: once you finish this week’s reading, be careful on the page turn to chapter 142 (i.e., don’t do so in public). There is another bath scene. :joy:

5 Likes

See what happens when you read ahead? :wink:

I completely forgot there was something like that coming up, or I else would have had an appropriate warning at the start of the thread!

5 Likes

I’ll have to come back and like later due to WaniKani’s slow return of likes. :sweat_smile:

But no worries. I was alone in bed at the time; I just figured I would give others the warning in case they were not. :joy:

5 Likes

This time, we get a two-parter in a single week with 第140局 and 第141局.

Just be careful afterward to not peek ahead in the company of others unless you’re prepared to give an explanation of Japan’s cultural norms around bathing.

5 Likes
Chapter 140-41

Somehow I would have expected Maki to do something to get Ayumu and Urushi paired up as well, but in the end it was Rin again?!
Somehow I don’t want to watch this anymore. :frowning: :laughing:
Rin really is kind of forcing it now with pretending to be scared?

Also … are Sakurako and Takeru really going to get married now?!

6 Likes
Story comments

Takeru broke through the hypnosis! Wow, they are zooming along. At this rate, they actually will be married before Ayumu manages to beat Urushi at Shogi :joy:

6 Likes
Story Comments

Reading early again… I’m supposed to wait until next week!? With that cliffhanger? :joy:

4 Likes

Yes.

By the way, when I post for the upcoming week’s reading, I’m planning to suggest spacing the two chapters out due to a cliffhanger. :wink:

4 Likes

Patience is not my strong suit. :joy:

4 Likes

By the way, we’re getting closer and closer to running out of material (two volumes left at the moment). Should we take a two-month break after this week to let the mangaka catch up a little? :wink:

4 Likes

My vote:

The gif won’t embed -.-

Ah, there it goes.

4 Likes

I would prefer to just read what is there and then wait. But not sure, is it more common to take a break?

3 Likes

I’m only kidding about taking a break =)

You’ll see why after this upcoming week’s reading. It is not a place where you would want to take a long break!

4 Likes

This week, it’s bathtime again with 第142局.

Then, 第143局 brings us part one of two. Sweet dreams waiting a whole week for the second half next week! (I highly recommend waiting a few days to read 143 to reduce the wait before 144.)

4 Likes