しろくまカフェ Vol 1: Absolute Beginner Book Club

I hope you get it by the 13th. Keeping my fingers crossed !

Minnna, I won’t be able to read along because test week got in the way. Gomenne.

3 Likes

Good luck with your exams! Maybe you can try to catch up afterwards? Or maybe just join in at a later chapter as the chapters seem to be rather independent?

4 Likes

My book arrived a little early! :slight_smile: Started flicking through it, looking forward to the club starting proper!

3 Likes

Just logged into the ebiReader app (android) to make a start on the book and got this notice! - can anyone help me with what it says? I still seem to be able to access the book at the moment.

It’s telling you that eBook Japan is being joined to Yahoo ebooks (Not because I can read it readily, but because I had this message too and painfully deciphered it) - and that, in the near future, you’re going to need a yahoo ebook japan account, and have to use their ebook reader. It’s a pain because, as of now, you can only get this reader for Android (and probably iPhone) in the Japanese store.

I had to follow some very exciting instructions to create a Japanese Google Play account and give them an extremely made up Japanese address to access the new app, but it wasn’t too bad.

There are instructions for that from a couple years ago in the forum that I more or less followed, and they worked pretty easily.

The yahoo ebook reader IS available on your computer once you have a Yahoo ebookJapan account, but to get that account you have to provide a Japanese postal code. That said, they don’t seem to check those, so you’re pretty good to go for just looking one up. And the transfer of your purchased books to the yahoo account was automatic and effective. I didn’t lose anything, anyway.

3 Likes

My copy arrived today just in time! Can’t wait to start in a few days!

Mine hasn’t arrived yet; I’m not sure I will get it in time…:sweat_smile:

Yeah, it made falling behind feel like a punishment for Naze.

1 Like

It’s happening right now and it’s still the first week for Kino. :joy:

1 Like

Oh no crab almighty what happened to your level :frowning_with_open_mouth:

3 Likes

I reset after like 2 years of not studying kanji, but I’ll catch up. :eyes:

4 Likes

:tada: My books arrived! I’m so very much looking forward to getting started. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! I feared it was something like that. I’m going to Tokyo in 10 weeks so I might just cross my fingers and hope I can get through the first volume before they close the app, and then I can pick up the rest of the volumes physically when I’m there!

Okay, so the book club begins tomorrow. According to the POLL people voted for making weekly threads, so does anyone want to do it? Or should I?

5 Likes

Feel free :wink:

3 Likes

I will create it in the evening today then:3 It feels early now:D

2 Likes

The power of being POLLverlord on Discord isn’t enough for you huh? >.>

I kid :heart: :smiley:

I’m really looking forward to it :smiley:

2 Likes

Tomorrow is only 2 hours way for me, and the Kiwi’s are there already… :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, it will be early morning for more eastern readers:3 you still can read it at the stroke of midnight of course, the thread will just appear later:DD

1 Like