この文章は多分間違ったけど

それでもやってみたいです。

ワニカニと言うサイトで私の旅は四分の一完成だ。8ヶ月に、漢字を500個習った、そして思い出すの割合は99%あっています。今迄これは大成功です。とても気に入っている!

ワニカニの開発者に心からどうもありがとうございます。自信が少ないから「日本語の勉強の進歩は無理」っと思ったけど、このサイトは完全に気が変わった。

とにかく復習に戻ります。もう一度本当にありがとうございます。そして皆さん、頑張ってね!

(My confidence is still pretty low so if any of that is wrong or weird sounding, feel free to correct me. I am very grateful to this site as it has dramatically increased my motivation to keep learning which is something that no resource has given me before. I hope that came across in my shoddy Japanese.)

3 Likes

Great job! I completely agree with the sentiment! Thanks WaniKani! Thanks lollipophuhoさん, also for giving me a chance to practice a little bit.

Feedback: I probably would have thrown some keigo in there. Only actual mistake I noticed was here (either a typo, or a conflation of と・って):

これからも一緒に頑張りましょう!

1 Like

Thanks! I wrote this slowly. A lot of my grammar knowledge is osmosis from thousands of hours of anime rather than formal learning, though now I’ve been supplementing it with actual study (so I know a lot more words than I do kanji, and some of them I’ve misheard and reinforced that incorrect hearing). Hence っと; I thought that was ok for indicating an “in quotes” phrase but I’m not up to that lesson yet haha. It’s meant to be って? I also mixed formal and informal language together a bit I fear but I wanted to try anyway. I don’t know exactly which words to put the お’s and ご’s on so I figured I wouldn’t guess. Much to learn still!

Thanks for reading it though, I wasn’t gonna post but I went to the effort of thinking how I’d say it all out and figured I should just let myself be wrong and learn.

actually と would be preffered I think. Both are quoting particles, but you can see って as short for と言うこと・と言うの・と言うもの.

~と思う・~と言う are the way to say (somebody) thinks/ (somebody) says.
Some of the kanji you used here I hacve no idea what they mean, but context helped me to understand them a little. You are switching between colloquial and neutral voice a lot (a comment I got in class just two days ago. very much a common problem). so look out for that.

when I said keigo, i didn’t necessarily mean the 御 prefix. One example from your text would be:

I would change to (私は)漢字を500個(鰐蟹に)教えてもらった・教えていただいた

‘I have received/humbly received that wanikani has taught me 500 kanji’ or something like that.

So far I have not had the courage to just put my own skills to the test in this way (apart from limited activity in the Japanese Only section. I applaud your courage, from the easy position of correcting other people’s mistakes!

1 Like

i came here some trme ago, having had neglected my kanji, and the site works well, so i’m with you :slight_smile:

I had to look up 2 words to say what I wanted to say, 割合 for “rate/ratio” and 復習 for “review”, but I have learned some kanji outside of wanikani since I started reading and using anki to compile new words. Yeah after you mentioned the keigo I realised my casual/formal speech pattern was all over the shop, where I didn’t realise before. Australian speech tends to be pretty casual so I’m gonna have to pay more attention to that.

I didn’t even think about replacing my “learning” with “receiving teaching” (教えてもらう), as a way of more formally showing appreciation. Also despite using “I” a lot in English I’ve been trying to really limit my use of 私 to what I think can be assumed since I’ve heard foreigners tend to say it too much, I don’t know if this is overkill though. I didn’t know って was a contraction of と言う{こと•もの} though. Lots to think about, cheers again.

1 Like

you’re lvl 15, not long till 都合 pops up :slight_smile:

I’m confused. What does 都合 have to do with it?

nothing, i messed up, hehe. don’t mind me :smiley:

1 Like

On a side note, 都合 is a level 14 word and I got it wrong today because at a glance while bashing through my reviews I thought it said 都会。That wound is still fresh :cry:

2 Likes

see, you just had the same item in a different context, because i mixed up stuff. next time you’ll get it right :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.