【Beginner】 どの学習リソースを使っていますか

私はWaniKaniとBunproを使っています
関して本はGenkiを使っています

JapanesePod101やAnki/HouHouを試して、でも好きじゃなかった
HouHouはふりがなとAnkiもよくて短いデクがありませんから

ためにJLPT5のレベルはどれのリソースをあってありますか
助けてお願いします

Basically, which learning resources are you using?

For a full list, I’m using the Genki textbooks as well as Tae Kim’s Guide to Japanese Grammar and the Kodansha Kanji Learner’s Course.
For applications so far I’m only really using WaniKani and Bunpro.
I tried Anki/HouHou/JapanesePod101 but I really didn’t like them. HouHou doesn’t have furigana and Anki doesn’t have any good decks that aren’t just the whole of JLPT5 at once (I’m only a bit more than halfthrough the first Genki textbook).

Anything that would cover the listening comprehension/reading part would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about the broken Japanese.

1 Like

Hi!

For listening comprehension, I like to listen to Teppei 先生’s podcast “Nihongo con Teppei”. He has one for beginners and one for intermediate level learners. I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I personally really like listening and it has helped me a lot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think anki can work well as a personal srs system. Forget the decks made by others. When your watching a show, film, YouTube or listening to a podcast and hear a phrase, word or kanji you’d like to remember pop it into your own anki deck to be sure your remember it.
Do beware of what anime/manga/films you take phrases from. Just like in English, people in films don’t really speak like people in real life.

Checked it out. I really like it so far. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Yeah, probably so. I think my problem was just that I spent a lot of time early on spending hours trying to input everything. It’s very frustrating specially when you don’t really see it helping much.

Maybe it would make more sense after I’m done with the first Genki volume. Another problem I have with it is that I’m using a mobile app for it, and I’m not sure if it works differently elsewhere, but it just picks out random words from the same deck and throws it at you.

At least HouHou has a system similar to WaniKani for SRS. It just makes little sense to use it while you can’t read yet.

Japanese Ammo with Misa is an irreplaceable grammar resource, and some of her videos are strictly Japanese only - but she has subtitles in English, kana, and Kanji so no matter where you are in learning or what language she’s speaking in, you can follow along. I will promote her to the high heavens she’s that good.

As for more general listening resources, I have been listening to audio recordings of short stories. They are simple enough that I can normally understand; they are bite sized so I’m not stuck in a story loop for an hour; they are traditional Japanese stories so I get some culture from them as well. Here are the links: audio/visual, some visual but mostly audio.

As for reading resources, there are many. I’ll just list them here:
News:
News Web EASY
(little more difficult to navigate)

Stories:
My favorite reading website hands down
More fairy tales
Fairy tales with pictures
Fairy tales with translation notes and explanations

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Great links! Defo can see why bilingualmanga would be your favorite website. No doubt I’ll be using that frequently from now on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.