Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

Thanks for sharing these, I am passing these on to our content team.

5 Likes

This is indeed, a bit off.

10 Likes

Probably a legitimate typo though

This one always makes me laugh! :joy: Of all my typos it might not be the worst but it’s the funniest !

4 Likes

6dfejb

4 Likes

“to hold something” and “to keep something” don’t even share any letters in their cores (“hold” and “keep”) so… how tf. My spelling was just “a bit off” haha.

1 Like

@Mods Here’s another one - can confirm it’s not allow listed

1 Like

Thanks for reporting it. Our typo tolerance system isn’t that specific in terms of where in the words the typos occur. So there’s no difference to the system whether it’s a “core” or not, unfortunately. “To” and “something” are the same, so 4 letters being off out of the entire 3-word answer passed the typo tolerance.

We’ll add it to the block list.

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t even know that was a thing!

Thank you guys so much for being active in the community and improving the WaniKani experience :smile:

1 Like

Hmmm… I’m bad at numbers (also).

6 Likes

@Mods maybe one for the block list?

Added ‘six things’ to the blocklist!

3 Likes

I wrote the intransitive “to get between” for the transitive 挟む, and it was accepted since one of the meanings is “to put between.” @Mods I think “to get between” should be added to the blocklist for this one.

3 Likes

Hey Greya! Thanks for letting us know about this! We’ll get it added! :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

genuinely forgot this one

4 Likes

@Mods I’ve got a blocklist candidate I think

1 Like

I’ll get this added to the block list :ok_hand:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I must have read this wrong the very first lesson and have been entering it ‘correctly’ wrong the entire time. I just had it pop up again today and thought, ‘huh, it’s funny how “no ego” means to be selfish…’. Maybe one for the block list @RachelG !

6 Likes

Ooh, yes! That one should be on the block list - thanks :+1:

7 Likes