Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

I’m pretty sure I just answered 魚雷 with “tornado” and it got accepted @Mods - which is a bit terrible because “tornado” appears in the same level as well.
(Probably the inverse also holds true…)

5 Likes

While it was marked as a mistake and it was mistake on my part, I read 大切 as だいきり.

Something tells me I have weekend on my mind :tropical_drink:

Also, I just love that @Mods are hanging around in this thread and help out/add stuff continously so Wanikani gets better for everyone :heart:

(Though I would love if you could add some y/z tolerance for us folks using a QWERTZ keyboard or at least add it as an option if possible? Thank you kindly)

3 Likes

There’s already typo tolerance built-in to WK’s meaning. Reading will always provide no tolerance, because you have to learn to type Japanese correctly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

試験(しけん) and 体験(たいけん) are taught in the same level so this should probably be blocked @Mods

7 Likes

Hey Beyond_Sleepy! Indeed, I am also getting ‘experience’ as a correct answer for 試験. We will get this added to the block list! Thanks for that ping!

4 Likes

Corrosion (腐食) is in the same level. My english is not good enough to know whether it should be accepted.

4 Likes

腐敗 = food rotting, sort of thing
腐食 = metal corroding, sort of thing.

3 Likes

Ocuntr = country / こく
Uprescae letter = uppercase letter / おおもじ
Coiety = society / よのなか

8 Likes

I accidentally misread 気持ち悪い and wrote “good feeling” for it, which is obviously wrong. “good feeling(s)” should probably be blacklisted. @Mods

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll notify the team so they can add it to the block list.

6 Likes

Not sure if this should be allowed or not @Mods

4 Likes

And here I am getting “Arpil” wrong for 四月 :frowning:

2 Likes

The string is short (length of 5) with two substitutions needed, so I don’t know if that meets the criteria for typo tolerance as written.

Of course, the actual spelling is obviously “April”

2 Likes

@Mods I’ve got one for the block list!

2 Likes

Just had Wanikani accept “to fall” as meaning for 売れる during a lesson. Correct answer is “to sell” though.

3 Likes

Thanks for all these reports everyone, we’ll be looking into them!

6 Likes

4 Likes

効果 accepts ‘effective’. Should that not only be for 効果的?

4 Likes

自然 does not mean “neutral” ワニちゃん。

(The Crabigator’s going to sneak in through my window and eat me by night now…)

3 Likes

Is 分解 accepting ‘solution’ correct?

3 Likes