20 Likes

I just burned 暮れる as “to live”ANIME%20NITRO%20EMOTE%20SERVER-1
Already resurrected it

16 Likes

How very goth of you. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

12 Likes

17 Likes

If you got the reading wrong, it marks it down, but it doesn’t tell you it got marked down until you complete both answers for the word.

4 Likes

12 Likes

Now that’s just crazy.

17 Likes

Not really. The i is next to the u and the e is under the 3. So the program correctly determined that it is very likely that you wanted to type “to use” and made a few typos

1 Like

I mean… that’s not even a typo, it’s just downright wrong :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

I burned this one as ‘to live’. It has been mentioned here 3 times the past week. I resurrected it now.

6 Likes

I have emailed WK about this and it’s on some list or other

7 Likes

Somehow it’s reassuring to know I’m not the only one getting it wrong :smiley:

3 Likes

I wish it would correctly determine that for all the ones I get wrong from typos!!!

3 Likes

The script wanikani uses looks at how likely it is that you typed the wrong answer, while meaning to type the right answer. This includes considering mistakes like a typo, a letter extra or too little, your hand was in the wrong place on the keyboard, alternate spellings, etc.
Then it looks at how probable that scenario was, and if it is above a certain percentage, then the answer is still right. This also explains why the larger the word, the more typos are excepted, since a smaller percentage of the word is wrong. Which explains why three-letter words are always wrong even if you make one small typo or add one letter extra or leave one out.

4 Likes

-He said angeriusly.

6 Likes

wew

29 Likes

luv 2 get things right :sunglasses:

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THOSE MEANINGS BEHIND THE CURTAIN

yes, I know, I’ll email them about it

15 Likes