Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

This one is from a while back but it’s too good. Had me confused there for a second:

15 Likes

Per aspera ad astra!

And some more:

15 Likes

This shouldn’t be legit @anon20839864 please fix this

3 Likes

I don’t think this is really a big issue? The user also knows it’s wrong, so no confusion occurs.

The algorithm behind this looks at the probability that something could have been written, while wanting to write the correct answer. If that probability is above a certain percentage, the answers is assumed correct.

For example, with Kykpshui, the user probably wanted to type kyuushuu (which means that he mistyped uu as kp, and u as I) or kyushu (which means that u wat mistyped as k, and p and i are accidentally typed additionally). This might be one of the edge cases, but in exchange a lot of typos are rightfully counted as correct here. If the Wanikani staff were to blacklist every single wild typo for every single item in Wanikani, their grandchildren might have grown beards by the time they’re done. Wanikani isn’t about how beautiful you type, just about if you wanted to write down the correct answer.

1 Like

Well some posts ago, you could see that they had a similar issue with father and mother were they fixed it manually.

3 Likes

I agree, that one was an incorrect answer that was still counted as correct. The user meant father, while they should type mother.
In the other examples above however, the user means for example kyuushuu, but simply doesn’t type it well. So I’d say that that still counts as correct.
To be 100% sure you’re typing the right word, you can always install the script down below. When something is not precisely correct but Wanikani counts it as correct, the box simply shakes and asks you to try again. Very handy :slight_smile:
I agree with you that these results are pretty strange, but fixing it would be a Sisyphean task.

4 Likes

@anon20839864 This is one where it might be worth making a special exclusion.

3 Likes

Thought we were talking about “younger brother” being accepted as a correct answer to 妹. That is, the same situation as “father” being accepted for 母. Which is to say, the specific post that @Sulax was replying to.

6 Likes

Oof my mistake!
My apologies to @Sulax for my constant insistence. I should have clicked your reply link.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Don’t worry about the spoonerism, wanikani got your back!

3 Likes

can’t WK while wearing gloves

12 Likes

Prime Minister. Yeah… :sweat_smile: I’ve had so many, possibly worse, but didn’t screenshot them

18 Likes

WK, thank you for understanding me and my typo cursed autopilot enter mode.

8 Likes

I feel like WK should have accepted this ugly typo

14 Likes

These made me chuckle even though they’re only one letter off:

Who knew the Japanese had a name for a hobbit’s home!?

34 Likes

The cow

28 Likes

man this post is full of drunken people :rofl:

15 Likes

Y-you’re full of drunken people!

14 Likes

Don’t spoil my secret for fun reviews

9 Likes