Youngest person ever

Do you know who the youngest person ever to finish WaniKani was?

3 Likes

Me :moyai:

On a more serious note: He can’t be younger than 14, because you’re allowed to use WK when you’re at least 13 years old, and WK takes at least one year.

Other than that, I have no clue, sorry! I think I remember reading about someone who got to level 60 when he was 16 years old, but I might be wrong on this.

3 Likes

Ok, did some actual research now to be more useful, and this is what I found:

Level 60 by @ekuroe, who got there when he was 16 years old

6 Likes

Isn’t that age restriction purely for the forums?

Not to mention there’s absolutely nothing stopping you from using WK anyway, even if you’re 8 :joy:

4 Likes

Show me an 8 year old who is so dedicated to learn Japanese that he does WK in one year :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

2 Likes

I could make the same claim about 13 year olds, 40 year olds, or 28 year olds.

People do unexpected things at any age.

4 Likes

Or the oldest?

2 Likes

The first Level 60 post which comes to mind is this one

3 Likes

Not according to the terms and conditions for WaniKani, it is applicable to the WankiKani service/platform.

1 Like

Hey Yamitenshi! Like mgrice said, it’s a rule for the WK forums but also included in WaniKani’s TOS. Children under the age of 13 aren’t allowed to use WaniKani. :+1:

-Nick at WK

3 Likes

And we all know nobody ever does anything they aren’t yet allowed to. Though I’d assume that maybe if somebody really young would post a thread saying “I’m 12 and I just finished wk, what did you achieve last year”, it would be promptly deleted by moderators

10 Likes

I mean they’d have to convince their parents to pay for a kanji-learning website too. I guess if it’s that or Roblox…

We actually came across this on the forums recently! They hadn’t finished WK though.

Nope, has never happened, not even once!

-Nick at WK

8 Likes

welcome to the community!

also, i’m 13, so maybe i’ll be the one :wink:

12 Likes

子ども!
Nice to have you around little fella.

4 Likes

As I understand, it also applies to WK itself, because it’s in the license agreement for WK itself…

P. S. Sorry, I should have finished reading the thread before replying :sweat_smile:

Returning to the OP question, I think @theMusicalninja さん was quite young when they finished WK.

5 Likes

good to see you too, big guy!

1 Like

yeah i was 13 when i finished… yo mods dont ban me but i was like 12 when i made my account :skull: BUT i think that was before they added the 13+ thing?? this was back in like 2018. cuz i dont remember being aware of breaking any rules also im an angel child obvs
@Redglare i wouldve responded to u in that intermission poll thread but it got locked by the time i saw ur notif lol

6 Likes

The restriction against children younger than 13 using social media is a result of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, a US law. I wouldn’t think WaniKani would have ignored that in 2018, twenty years later, though I confess I don’t really know for sure.

1 Like

I learned how to write scripts on Roblox and now I do computational research, so it’s not all bad. Granted, I played Roblox fifteen years ago (!) and I’m sure it’s changed a bit since then.

1 Like