"you learned this reading already"

Hi,
I did not find a similar existing feedback, but it is quite annoying when the vocab lessons says:

Since this word consists of a kanji with hiragana attached, you can bet that it will use the kun’yomi reading. You learned this reading already so you should be able to read it!

For example on the “お祝い” description.

Can you please add a reference to the previous lesson I am expected to know the reading from?

Because sometime I forget one word reading, as well as what is the word that WK is refering to. Some other times, I am not even sure that I learned the vocabulary in the order that WK expects me to, as some items have been moved to different levels since 2017.

Thanks and Kind Regards

5 Likes

Meanwhile, there is a word (流浪, read as るろう) that does this when there is no reference to when this reading was learned (る reading for 流). :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

How can Omoide forget anything? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry could not help myself…

7 Likes

Something similar is going on with 合. Several lvl 14 vocab items (試合(しあい)具合(ぐあい), 合図(アイズ)) refer to the あい reading ‘you already know’, when the only word that introduces / mnemonics it, is 場合(ばあい), also from lvl 14. Get them in the wrong order and it’s very confusing. My guess is that here too some items were level shifted.

What I do in such a case - from the breakdown tab I open the kanji in a new tab and simply search the ‘used in’ wordlist for items of the same level that I’ve not yet lessoned. (I do this for similar / confusing words already anyway). I agree that a direct reference would be a lot quicker…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.