Wrong Answer Marked Correct

It probably has less to do with experience managing large scale projects than knowing the nature of people on the internet. Quite impossible to predict once you open the floodgates.

2 Likes

Establish desired behavior, build for it, everyone does everything except that…

3 Likes

I believe so? @oldbonsai has shown me the formula the system uses to judge how many accepted deviations are allowed, but I’m afraid I don’t remember the specifics.

2 Likes

Otherwise @rfindley also knows which formula is used, I have seen him mention it a few times

Yeah, there are other cases where there are complete opposites that I’ve seen get through…
I thought I read somewhere that some of those at least have been blacklisted…

Such as in this post…

2 Likes

Any plans for user blacklists just like user synonyms? Here’s an example of where I think they would be useful:

思い遣り
Primary meaning: Consideration
Synonyms: Sympathy (+ thoughtfulness and compassion, added by me)

考慮
Synonyms: N/A (+ taking into account, added my me)

配慮
Synonyms: Care (+ concern and attention, added by me)

The given meanings for these words are all “consideration”, but they all mean different things. If I could, I would blacklist “consideration” for all three of these words, forcing me to remember another meaning that emphasizes their different uses.

5 Likes

I would love this :o

Yep, it’s the Levenshtein Distance algorithm.
I use Jaro-Winkler Distance in my Self-Study Quiz script.

3 Likes

I forgot to screenshot it, but I had 近視 and answered with farsightedness, and it gave me credit even though the answer is nearsightedness. Thought that was funny.

By keeping the blacklist a “secret” WK has kept their workload low, but they have also prevented the blacklist to be expanded beyond its current usefulness.

One compromise would be to only let people to discuss the blacklist in a thread in the subforum for level 60 members.

Or perhaps the subforum for the “reality” group (levels 51 until 60).

That way the number of people contributing will be kept low.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.