Writing out kanji (font)

Hi there,

I’m aiming to practice writing out each kanji, however the font is more like a print font than one you’d see written down by hand.
hachi

Just wondering what people are using as a guide for writing them out?

1 Like

If you search for 教科書体 (literally “textbook font”) you’ll find examples that are meant to look like they are neat handwriting.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you are looking for suggestion or just casually asking others’ method.

• If you are looking for suggestion. You might want to install “stroke order” script on Wanikani or search google by these 2 keywords “kanji” and “stroke order”
  • I’m using an apps called “Kanji Tree” on my tablet to practice my Kanji writing.
1 Like

It’s a little bit of both. My hope was that there was a location where the kanji were written out in order of their level in WK. That way I can learn the kanji, and practice writing them out afterwards.

You know, as I was typing out this reply I just remembered that another WK user (Fallynleaf) gave me a link to a website for this yesterday. It’s been a long day at work I guess! The website is Kanji.sh | Download Kanji worksheets for all Wanikani levels

Sorry for taking up any of your time, and thanks for the replies!

1 Like

If you have a tablet with a pen. You might want to try Kanji Tree. I like it personally. It’s like an infinite kanji practice book.

You could write it with your finger, I guess. If you want to use it on your smart phone, but it would be really awkward.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t :frowning:

I was trying an app on my phone today, but fingers just don’t do it justice! Besides, I have some notebooks to fill out, so I can see how I’ve progressed over time.

I use the Jisho forms when I’m writing on paper. You can get a script that inserts the Jisho writing guide into the lessons and reviews, or just go to their webpage.

2 Likes

Thanks! Is that the script that adds the stroke order to each kani page? If so I just installed it, and it looks great!

Here it is: WaniKani Stroke Order

2 Likes

That’s the one!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.