WK Community/Forums - using what technology?

Hey there.

I’ve just began using the forums actively, rather than just passively reading, and I must say, it’s super awesome! !! Like, really, great experience. Smooth navigation, browser-notifications, all the good stuff.
As a former web-developer, I wonder, is it a forum-framework they’re using, or is it all (mostly) self-built? I’d also be interested in server-side info, just as a geeky request :smiley:

However it was built though, job well done!

• since I’m new to this forum-thing: if that’s the wrong category, please correct me. Also, should I close the thread when my question has been answered, or is it ok to let it close automatically?
1 Like

They’re using the Discourse open source platform.

Relevant links

Discourse homepage
Discourse GIT
Discourse meta forum

edit: to answer your other question, I don’t believe you have the ability to close threads, and if you put it in the wrong section any regular can just move it.

3 Likes

That platform does look pretty cool. Thanks for the links as well, and the fast reply :slight_smile:

You can, however, mark a post as a solution, if you feel like it answered your question(s). If you do there will be a checkmark in the title so other people don’t feel obliged to go into the thread to answer and others with the same question can see that there is an answer.

1 Like

That’s a good way to go about it. ありがとうございました。