Why am i like this

Oh, then this is a possibility. I’ll share it with the team and see if we can get it added :+1: For now, I’d just add it as a user synonym if you’re worried about getting this incorrect.

25 Likes

Same here. I just try to hold myself accountable and be honest if I really knew it or not before hitting “undo”.

… deep breaths.

It’s my fault how could I mistake that squiggle which looks nothing like an alligator for a squiggle which looks nothing like a crocodile…?

14 Likes

Like others have said, before continuing to the next review, use the add synonym feature, it’ll put it back in your review stack and won’t go down in SRS level. People in Tofugu have said before that the name of the radical doesn’t matter as long as you remember what it is, so if you always remember it as one, it doesn’t make sense to force yourself to relearn it as something different.

1. Double-check script.
  2. Add a space or “a” as a synonym or better yet, the actual kanji meaning and forget about dem reptiles :smiley:

Lol close enough for these purposes, I would add it as a synonym

I did, but it really should already be. Like 90% of the world knows the difference between the two major kinds of snapping log. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Anytime something like this happens I immediately add a user synonym.

Also this one in particular is ridiculous. “One” should at least give you the shake-screen retry rather than fail.

2 Likes

Radicals should absolutely be burned once they reach Enlightened. There is no point to reviewing them after you have already Guru’d multiple kanji which incorporate those radical.

The Heisig method, which WK is based off, has you not even reviewing radical meanings as they are only ever supposed to be support scaffolding for learning the kanji. I think WK does one better by having you review and learn them first, but there is no reason to take them to the ‘Burned’ finish line like you do with kanji + vocab.

5 Likes

Happens :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

Same thing happen to me recently when I was about to burn the gun radical, but I answered pistol instead of gun.

2 Likes

The pain is real

2 Likes

Time to use override script :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.