Where to read haikyuu

does anyone know where i can read haikyuu untranslated for free, and if not what’s the cheapest way to read it untranslated?

You’re not gonna find it anywhere for free legally, but it’s on Bookwalker JP for 460 yen per volume. Prices appear to be similar on Amazon JP - other sources depend a bit on where you are but from my experience they’re unlikely to be cheaper than either of those two.

2 Likes

You can read the first 5 chapters for free on the official site: http://www.j-haikyu.com/

Just click this button here at the top:

More than that, and you’ll either have to procure it from sources that cannot be mentioned here, or buy it from Bookwalker like yamitenshi said.

2 Likes

what are the links?

too low res for me to read the furigana :frowning:

Could it be your screen maybe? The manga scales with your screen size.

This is what it looks like for me:

That’s about as readable as what I’ve seen from Bookwalker, meaning you might get a さ confused with a き or a ざ sometimes but that’s about it.

1 Like

i can read it on that screenshot, the resolution on the website seems to scale way down on my computer

1 Like

You can try to set two-page mode to “off” in the viewer settings, it might zoom things in for you to see better.

But the resolution is the same I think.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not impressed with their scans at all. I’ve mostly switched to LN because of it.

1 Like

The clearest resolution of Haikyuu I’ve found is via the Jump Book Store (ジャンプBOOKストア). There’s a reader via web browser, and there’s an app in the App Store and Google Play for mobile reading.

You can preview part of the first volume for free. The screen resolution may be purposefully downscaled in the preview, idk.

All purchases via the Jump Book Store are for ebook versions, not physical. And for Haikyuu at least it’s sold in volumes (and sets of volumes), not individual chapters.

Also, ハイキュー・Haikyuu! :volleyball: Vol. 4+5 reading group ぜひ見てください :slight_smile:

oh, forgot it mention, the Jump Book Store route is kind of a pain in the ass, at least how I’ve been able to buy from it. If you’re interested in buying, let me know and I’ll type up what I’ve done.