What's your Real Score?

Ever wondered who is REALLY ahead of you in Wanikani? Here’s your chance to find out.

Install WaniKani Real Score and post your results in this thread. (thanks to @TheFlaminMunch for suggesting this 2nd thread)

Here’s my lowly Real Score. Nothing to brag about, but it’s a start!

9 Likes

This is mine:

3 Likes

This is mine.

I’m happy with my progress so far, considering I started WK at the end of October. (And this is after 20 years of Japanese study without ever really sitting down and trying to learn each and every kanji. I just learned what they taught in my Japanese classes and then sporadically here and there I’d learn a kanji for words I was familiar with.)

6 Likes

Here’s mine:

5 Likes

Cool script.

Why does everyone have different stars? Just different browsers?

6 Likes

Can I please just be left in the belief that I am at 25% progress in WaniKani and not just at 20%?

7 Likes

Yes, the star is jist an emoji so every browser/operating system shows it in its own style.

4 Likes

Must be! different browsers and OSs render emoji differently, as opposed to image assets.
(each emoji has it’s own unicode value, which is a much smaller piece of data to send than sending all of the pixels that make up a custom image asset).
probably more information than you’re looking for - but that is why emojis look different sometimes :smile:
ah blast! @DJSmellow, you beat me to it

1 Like

i am speed (at least when there’s pending reviews I could be doing instead)

2 Likes

LOL - sorry about that (level 12 instead of 15). Speed makes your level up quickly, but your real score goes up as you move things toward guru :slight_smile:

1 Like

so behind!!!

2 Likes

Interesting - so it’s one point for each stage. I like how this score increases all the way to 100% burn.

4 Likes

My star is small and empty. Fun script which is more akin to other SRS systems like BP/Kitsun which rewards reviews (not lessons). I don’t see it as a competitive thing though unless users find it fun. Personally would rather not see a score during reviews (I have my percentage off).

Thanks for the script! This is my sad score :grin:

3 Likes

My score is 49,910 :star: 37 / 60, but I don’t really know if that’s good or bad since I don’t have a point of reference.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:
Pleasantly surprised as I thought my score will be much lower…

Hey @Kumirei, what is yours? Asking for a friend. :smirk:

:nerd_face::steam_locomotive::upside_down_face:
alright let’s keep chugging along and raise this up!

3 Likes

I had a look earlier and was on 77k something. Around 96%

5 Likes

Wow, you so awesome.
:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I have been on WK a long time sweat

3 Likes

We are grateful. So once you reach 100% please don’t leave!
:smiling_imp:

2 Likes