What WaniKani tips would you give to yourself if you could travel back in time?

Just making conversation for fun.

If I could travel back and talk to myself, I’d probably tell me that it’s ok to go slowly. That I’ll learn what I have to at the rate I have to, and that WaniKani never was, is or will be about speed or amazing accuracy rates, as much as it is about sitting down, being disciplined and constant, and learning.

What would you say to you?

14 Likes

I’d tell myself to supplement WK with grammar sooner :upside_down_face:

21 Likes

Hmmm. That’s a hard one.

Maybe “Don’t wait until the very last day of the lifetime sale, then forget about it and wake up the next day frantically going on WaniKani to see if the sale is still on, then be relieved that the sale is still on and realize school starts in a few minutes then rush to school and hope the sale is still on during lunchtime and cry because it’s not.”

Yeah, that seems like an appropriate thing to say to 1-month-ago-me. Other than that, I guess nothing since I’ve just started my WaniKani journey ¯_(ツ)_/¯

9 Likes

“Don’t do 100 lessons at once, tomato. It’s not worth it. Never worth it.”

unnamed (4)

25 Likes

Doing 200

Don’t what now

7 Likes

Don’t do all your new level lessons at once. Just…don’t. Also, try to batch your reviews (ie, don’t do a review session of 1 item…I used to do that, but I don’t anymore, and now I’m stuck trying to corral all my old items into more regular review times lol)

3 Likes

Learn how to fly. Learn how to manipulate objects with your mind…oh whoops wanikani tips…don:t go on the forum…you will be trapped forever in a fun place with no exits…

26 Likes

rip Daru

You will be missed

unnamed (5)

8 Likes

Once I got so busy with school and work I stopped doing reviews for a month, without knowing that such thing as a vacation mode existed, so I had 200+ reviews for like a week. It was hell, but I made it!

3 Likes

You dropped this \

On one hand I would want to convince myself not to stop, but then I may not have gotten to know some of the people on here. I would probably tell myself not to let lessons pile up. Let it get wayyyy outta hand.

oh, that’s where it went! Thank you, kind soul!

But for real ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I just copy and paste it and the slash doesn’t appear T~T

You have to use three of them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

You did it!! :tada:

That’s good practice for the higher levels though because it’s gonna be hell too if you’re not used to having 150+ reviews a day. D:

Keep up the good work! :grin: :tomato:

The +42 is so misleading. Like, oh it couldn’t be that many…

https://goo.gl/images/BFyccw

6 Likes

Cheating isn’t the same as learning.

5 Likes

killing people is usually wrong

EDIT oh shoot, wrong thread again…

13 Likes

Read the FAQ.

5 Likes

Bookmark the statistics site and install the ultimate timeline plugin.

6 Likes

Messing with people by randomly changing thread names is fun!

5 Likes