What is wrong here?

4 Likes
3 Likes

Awesome! The bug in new “more friendly UI” feature unrolled couple of days ago.

@mods, please take a look

2 Likes

Hi @Wildjinjer! Did this happen when you left the field blank, or when you entered “want”?

1 Like

The message says: “It ends in い so it’s a verb”. I thought verbs ended with う not い. This should be marked as an I-adjective and not a verb.

4 Likes

Hi @Marifly, that’s right, this is an い-adjective and not a verb. All verbs (in plain, positive, non-past form) end in an u-sound. This is marked as an い-adjective on WaniKani, but our update is picking up on one of the definitions: “to want.”

I’ve moved the definition to the allow list to help avoid confusion, and we’ll fix the message bug ASAP!

8 Likes

I might as well add that I entered the wrong answer for some item (forgot which) where I’d thought the reading of the first kanji was ◯つ, so I wrote the reading of the whole word as ◯っ◯◯ (t.e. small tsu). Turns out it should have been ◯ん◯◯, but rather than get marked wrong I got told how to write ん, which basically equates to being given the correct answer! :slight_smile:

I hope my cryptic explanation wasn’t completely incomprehensible :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks crihak! I think I’ve managed to reproduce this. Was it something like this?

5 Likes

Yeah, exactly. Just not that exact word!

1 Like

Looks like @TofuguJenny made the fix!

2 Likes

Yes, the 欲しい bug should be fixed, and Javi will be deploying a fix for the ざっしん bug on Monday!

2 Likes

When I entered “want.”

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.