What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

xMunch said...
AlexAlex said... Could anyone make a script that was customaizable to replace certain keys with words? For example, I hate having to type out 'prefecture' every time, so instead I would hit '0' and prefecture would be typed out and '9' for する, 8 for 'to', 7 for ' house of representatives' ect.

Any insight on preexisting scripts as well would be very helpful, thank you.
 http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Gp1wY7P0

That should work(I didn't thoroughly test it, but the logic seems right).  Has the 0-9 keys in there.  You'll have to change the text input values to whatever you want it.
 Awesome dude! Thanks. I just cleared my reviews before seeing this. cant wait to try it out!

I would find it really helpful if there is a feature that shows similar looking kanji in the description of every kanji. 

tsubacchi said... I would find it really helpful if there is a feature that shows similar looking kanji in the description of every kanji. 
 I've been using http://similarity.gakusha.info/ and just copying and pasting to do the search. Given that all these kanji have Unicode codepoints, it's probably (more or less) trivial to drop a "(similar)" span and link it to http://similarity.gakusha.info/?kanji=<whatever kanji>.
teeth7 said...
tsubacchi said... I would find it really helpful if there is a feature that shows similar looking kanji in the description of every kanji. 
 I've been using http://similarity.gakusha.info/ and just copying and pasting to do the search. Given that all these kanji have Unicode codepoints, it's probably (more or less) trivial to drop a "(similar)" span and link it to http://similarity.gakusha.info/?kanji=<whatever kanji>.
 I love you.

Edit: And the about page! ahhhh! It's open source for anyone's site, adaptive to suggestions of similarity by users and otherwise is founded based on kanji stroke orders.

Snap! I didn’t realize all that! I always like it when the academic linguistics and software works collide.

A little off topic, but I was wondering if I could commission someone to build a AppleWatch app for WaniKani?..

Hey,
Can the OP put all provided extensions in the first post? I don’t really want to go through each post to see if I want something someone mentioned. 

This has probably been requested but… How about a leaderboard tool? Add your friends’ usernames or api’s once, and view your compared progress on the wanikani homepage. It’d make good use of community to motivate each other.

I would like a script that works in Firefox or Chrome on Android or the Desktop so that I can take unlocked WaniKani Items for review on my tablet or desktop without needing a network connection.

a Firefox Marketplace Application or WaniKani as a Cached Site Application.
( requiring the site for new items and updates when a network connection is available).

The other thing I would like is a vocabulary tool where I can plug in WaniKani Items to create new correct Japanese sentences.

I have a good grasp of vocabulary and my first burned items however still need to actually have some decent vocabulary practise.
( my wife being Japanese is NOT helpful as that dictates going from 0 to perfect by just opening my mouth)

The Issue is the same as my trying to teach Basic English when as a native speaker I have gaps in knowing what exact basics are needed.

Belxjander said... I would like a script that works in Firefox or Chrome on Android or the Desktop so that I can take *unlocked* WaniKani Items for review on my tablet or desktop without needing a network connection.
It's called Anki or Memrise.
https://wanikanitoanki.com/ will export the stuff you have unlocked and you can create an Anki deck with stylized cards.
There is another thread Anki + WaniKani where hinekidori discusses their use of Anki.

The other thing I would like is a vocabulary tool where I can plug in WaniKani Items to create new *correct* Japanese sentences.

I have a good grasp of vocabulary and my first burned items however still need to actually have some decent vocabulary practise.
( my wife being Japanese is NOT helpful as that dictates going from 0 to perfect by just opening my mouth)

The Issue is the same as my trying to teach Basic English when as a native speaker I have gaps in knowing what exact basics are needed.
WaniKani Sentences by jeshuamorrissey might have what you want.
But the corpus
used is generally considered a bad source of sentences.

I’d love to be able to personalize what I want to learn. So if I could create lists of things EX:  (Office supplies, school words, grocery store learning, etc). I think that would be super helpful! Even if there were pre-provided lists that users could use from others!

A user script that lets you reorder your reviews from the lowest level first.

ledan, you should check out memrise.com for making custom lists!

Hey, do you think you could make a userscript that adds a button that allows you to say if you gave the incorrect answer at the readings, like if you just didn’t gat the correct answer in your head, but WK just say “That’s close eneugh” an example of this, is 入れる(to insert) that I say “to enter”, because I was thinking of 入る (to enter). I don’t want credit for something i got incorrect. 
I basically want the oppsite of wanikani override. You think you could do that?

–A wanikani override for the Safari browser.

I would, possibly, consider (temporarily) switching browsers if there was a currently supported override function. But it appears, as best as I can figure out, there is not.

kwecky said... Hey, do you think you could make a userscript that adds a button that allows you to say if you gave the incorrect answer at the readings, like if you just didn't gat the correct answer in your head, but WK just say "That's close eneugh" an example of this, is 入れる(to insert) that I say "to enter", because I was thinking of 入る (to enter). I don't want credit for something i got incorrect. 
Do you mean something like the Close but no cigar script that I wrote a few months ago?
Ethan said...
kwecky said... Hey, do you think you could make a userscript that adds a button that allows you to say if you gave the incorrect answer at the readings, like if you just didn't gat the correct answer in your head, but WK just say "That's close eneugh" an example of this, is 入れる(to insert) that I say "to enter", because I was thinking of 入る (to enter). I don't want credit for something i got incorrect. 
Do you mean something like the Close but no cigar script that I wrote a few months ago?
 Kinda, but I want to manually choose when I had a typo, and when I just didn't know the answer.
My english spelling kinda sucks, so there are many times I just don't know how to spell the word, but I know it eneugh to rely on WK to get that I knew the answer.

A WaniKani Real Numbers that actually works. The version I have goes into an infinite loop.

Not sure if this is possible, but I’d love a script that autoplays the audio of a word even when I’m wrong.

I have wanikani set to autoplay a word when I am right, (so if I get the word 当たり right, I’ll get a voice saying あたり) but I feel like it would benefit me way more if it popped up when I’m actually wrong! I have a tendency to get what I wrote stuck in my head, so I’ll write the same wrong answer several times in a row even after checking the right answer.

I learn really well through audio, so having a voice pop up to correct me would be a great help. :slight_smile:

Can I see all my burned items in chronological order, not just the past 30 days?