What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

There is this script which has the ability to auto play the audio on meaning if you already answered the reading

2 Likes

thank you!

WaniKani Review Audio Tweak is really helpful. The more times I hear the audio, the easier it is for me to remember.

Would love to have a similar script which plays the audio for Kanji (instead of vocab). Seems like this would help with retention as well.

2 Likes

Is there audio recordings for the kanjis somewhere? I don’t find any in Wanikani. Without such recordings I don’t see how such a script would be possible.

1 Like

Is there an extension that allows you to only review items at different SRS levels? Sometimes I’ll try to do my Apprentice reviews multiple times a day but I’ll get bogged down by things I guru’d last week popping up again in my review pile.

Good point - that could be complicated. Could probably get some of them from the corresponding single-kanji vocabulary, but not all of them…

I was hoping perhaps this was a common request, and someone wanted it enough to do the work to find all the recordings… :slight_smile:

Have you checked out the self-study quiz script?

Maybe some reorder script would fit this request better. I don’t know them well enough to recommend one.

1 Like

WaniKani SRS Reorder Button does the trick…

Although I tend to use Reorder Ultimate 2, and just sort by this level (prioritized by level) for this function. Be careful, however, this script is easy to abuse and get yourself in trouble (maybe true for all review reordering actually)

2 Likes

What’s I’d love for this is a review filter script which only shows the reviews which are apprentice 1 or 2 SRS levels, because you definitely want to review “this days” reviews more often than you want to review the entire pile.

And, such a script couldn’t get you in trouble, since it wouldn’t get any items into Guru. You’d still have to do the full review to progress…

1 Like

I’m looking for a WaniKani dashboard Streak Counter userscript, which shows the number of days in a row which I’ve got my review count to 0. For me, this (reviews=0) is the #1 thing which keeps wanikani moving smoothly, and a streak counter would motivate me to hit it every day.

Does anything like this exist? I’m surprised there isn’t one of these already… maybe the data is hard to collect?

A different helpful streak counter might be “number of days in row that I’ve done at least N lessons” (say 10 lessons for example).

1 Like

A similar counter is displayed in the heatmap script. But I think the streak is the number of days you have done at least one lesson. I don’t think you can configure it to N lessons. But you can have it to ignore for streak purposes the days where no lessons were available. There is a setting for this.

Edit: If you hover the mouse over a day in the heatmap you will see how many lessons were done that day. If you can’t find a better counter you may at least manually verify your current streak. This is not ideal but it may be better than being left without a counter.

Is there a way to learn a specific vocab/kanji/radical that’s locked, similar to “resurrecting” a burned item? Sometimes I encounter a word while reading and find that I will learn the kanji 30 levels later in WK, so I have to copy over the radical/kanji/word associated with it into a separate deck to be able to learn & review it now instead of waiting a year+. It’s a lot of wasted effort reviewing and maintaining multiple decks.

Worst case, you could edit the heatmap yourself for the N lessons thing.

Hijacking this thread for heatmap discussion. I’m not sure that this is a feature I want to keep in the new version; do you think it’s important to have?

Should this be a feature?

2 Likes

This is a thread for discussing what is wanted in extensions. This discussion looks on-topic to me.

Edit: I misread the question so I change my answer. Yes this should be a feature. Zero lessons days are common and they break the streak without giving us the ability to do lessons.

This is not on my wanted list but I suppose @jeff8v7 will want this if they can’t find another script for this. This is a feature that will have its fans. I don’t know how valuable it is in the context of heatmap. In other words I don’t know how many fans it will have.

1 Like

For this, 1 lesson is probably a good as N lessons.

My main request was a simple streak counter to motivate me to finish all my reviews every day. That’s seems to be where motivation would help the most :slight_smile:

I’m pretty motivated to do lessons, but tend to leave a few reviews in the queue all the time…

1 Like

Just to make sure that you notice. I have edited my previous post after you liked it because I misread one of your questions. I want to be sure you have seen that.

Wouldn’t it be cool if the developer continued to study Japanese and made the script work again?
Too bad all he can do now is false promises.

1 Like

Are you talking about yourself sarcastically? It seems like you’re being awfully harsh to the user you replied to, or whatever “developer” you mean if it’s not you.