What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

I think most people have stopped supporting IE.
Even if you find a script manager than works, most of the userscripts won’t.

1 Like

yeeeeeahhh, that’s what’s been happening. I assumed it was related to my lack of technological know-how. I tried downloading Firefox but it didn’t seem to work. Do you have any recommendations to get scripts running on an older-model laptop?

Firefox itself didn’t work, or scripts on Firefox?

If firefox doesn’t work, I’d try Chrome next. (Actually, I prefer Chrome. It’s much faster for running scripts, and Javascript in general). There are lots of browsers, almost all better than IE.

2 Likes

I couldn’t get Firefox to work, and then back on IE, I couldn’t get the scripts to run. It’s a VERY old computer. Not my personal one, so I’m hesitant to install other browsers in case it comes back to bite me. There doesn’t really seem to be a workaround, does there?

Unfortunately not.

Ahh, thanks anyway!

This is a good idea. I want this man (woman/whatever) to get a 100% increase in funds from the wanikani forums.

The further I get in wanikani the more annoying it becomes that I can’t set things I already know by heart to just answer themselves automatically without me having to see and waste time on them. I’m sure this is a problem for many people who are coming to wanikani who have studied a lot of kanji previously.

I like the system, I just want to use it to learn harder kanji not have it ask me if I’m sure I know what 日 is. It’s incredibly frustrating to have 200 reviews in queue but only 50 of those are things I actually need to review and the other 150 are just things I can’t tell it to ignore because I know them.

I’ve heard the “if you know it just take the extra few seconds to write the answer” argument, and if it was one kanji/vocab that would be valid but since it’s probably at least 400 total at this point (and probably more on the way) that I want it to ignore that’s a fair chunk of time I’m wasting.

What I would like is a way to put certain vocab and kanji on a list, preferably with a button but manual input would be fine too, and have the system just auto mark it right and move on so I don’t need to waste time inputting it.

I would try to cobble something together myself if I knew anything about programming, but if greater minds could make something that could do this I’d be appreciative.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it has been suggested in this topic before (though I’ve seen an oooooold topic somewhere in the forums) - it would be great if there was a script which would allow us to have a JP google/bing/whatever image search plug-in on the lesson/review page.
Thanks to this script, every time we learn some words or review them, we can instantly see the meaning and make it stick better in our brains. :thinking:

Apart from it being an improvement for non-native English speakers, it would be beneficial for all of us Wanikani users which would like to be fluent at some point, as it’s proven to be more efficient for our brain to link words with images. Especially in the case where words are similar in translation, but have different nuances in their usage.

It’s something like what Fluent Forever do in their beta app - they have an image search feature for all their flashcards (and you can even save up to 4 images which you would like to have on your flashcards). Pretty good idea if you ask me.

I’m not asking for a script which allows us to select images from google search (as I’m afraid that is impossible or very hard to implement in WK case - not sure, I have no experience in this field), but only the one allowing us to have it shown on the lesson/review page. :slightly_smiling_face:

For anyone reading, have a wonderful day! :hugs:

1 Like

Could be nice, I’m not an English native and even if I live in Australia and speak English 24/7 I already learned some new English words here… Like “calf”, I had to lookup in the dictionary what it meant and it was fun to try remembering the japanese word AND English word at the same time (funny thing calf was way harder to remember than 子牛 :slight_smile: )

Could someone please make a script that would display the part of speech above the Vocab pleas? On my laptop I have too keep scrolling down after every vocab review. having it displayed above the vocab or higher would be good.
Thanks

I’d like something that improves the wrap-up button for those people who sometimes have to cut the wrap-up short and would like to maximise the amount of progress they make. It’d be helpful if it would reorder reviews after the ‘wrap up’ button is pressed to prioritise items that have received one of the two answers required. It might also try and put radicals and kanji that haven’t been guru-d in the 10 if there’s room, but I’m less fussed about that - it’d be just as useful for it to make the wrap-up for only items that are half-completed.

What do you mean by “haven’t been googled”?

This isn’t what you asked for specifically, but could help: [Userscript] Wanikani Wrap-up Button Enhancement

I am very tired, apparently - I meant “haven’t been guru-d”.

1 Like

I need an anki-like setup on my android phone. Reveal answer button → correct/incorrect buttons.

I’m ok with typing when I’m able to use computer, but on the phone it’s very time consuming or close to impossible to do while on treadmill, for example.

If the setup comes with working reorder scripts, I wouldn’t mind)

1 Like

I’m wondering if anyone would be able to make an equivalent of “Auto-commit; the end of the enter key” script for KaniWani. I posted a request to the original creator but they haven’t responded yet and their icon doesn’t even have a level circle–don’t know what that means. Did they leave WaniKani?

Anyways, what I said there was:
I was wondering if you (or anyone with the capabilities) could make a similar script for KaniWani. I’d like to start using KaniWani to help with vocabulary recall, but the need for repeatedly pressing the enter key is a bit of a barrier. Also, such a script would help with the frustration of putting in the “wrong” girl (女子、女の子、少女) answer, since you would have a chance to “correct” your answer when you realized the word you chose isn’t entering.

I don’t know about making scripts, but I think this could be fairly simple, if perhaps time consuming, as long as you had the basis of the WaniKani script.

1 Like

Hey, I’m just wondering if anyone has made any Android and FitBit compatible apps?

What I would love is something that is just a basic flashcard (no testing) that I can swipe through… Maybe set to different lists (Apprentice kanji only, Leeches only, etc?). 漢字/KanjiMeaningandReading

Is there anything like that already?

(I just got an Inspire HR today and I’ve always wanted to have some kind of Wanikani on a smartwatch… And this is the closest thing I have to one of those!)

Can you include the site https://kananji.com/ at the list?

As an extension to my previous idea, I would like an input field for “short hints” that I want to show up for particular leech kanji. If you enter a wrong answer, it shakes and gives you a hint that appears next to the kanji. If you get it right the next time, it either passes as normal or stays where it is and doesn’t fall down.

Also I would like the correct answer to show up next to the kanji automatically after the final tumble-down de-leveling failure of a kanji or vocabulary. I hate hate hate scrolling down and loading for it.

Is there maybe already a script that shows the amount of radicals, kanji, vocabulary that you still have to do in your current review session?

I mean having something like this in the review session, not just in lessons:

2 Likes