What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

I’d love an extension that zoomed the example sentences by a huge factor and also that blanked its corresponding translation until you clicked on it.

The latter already exists.

2 Likes

I want this graph on my dashboard! Maybe with a different-colored dot indicating review accuracy for the day. It would make a cool dot-cloud over top (but need different y-axis scaling)

The vertical striping for the levels is already past my automatic-graph-generating-in-excel skill level.

1 Like

It may not be very relevant unless you split the success-rate statistics per SRS level.
Because high-success rate on apprentice items is not the same difficulty as managing to burn items.

A plug in that forces me to use all other meanings, not at the same time tho. For example: after you use one meaning you can’t use it again for that lesson

1 Like

I actually created a script that is somewhat like that: [Userscript] Critical Review Countdown

It tells you when you need to review to level up as quickly as possible, ie the timing for the 90% kanji, not the slowest.

I haven’t read all the above replies, so sorry if these have already been mentioned. (Yes I could search but I’m quickly writing this before I go to bed while I’ve got them fresh in my mind. Plus I’m lazy, and a bit of a jerk :P)

1. When learning a kanji, a script that gives both the on and kun readings. I often export these to anki to help me, so having them given together would make it much easier to come up with my own mnemonic that uses both readings. Plus, you generally have to learn them both anyway.
  2. One where in the reviews it always either asks for the the reading or meaning first.
  3. One so that if you type renai for 恋愛 (or similar), instead of becoming れない, it becomes れんあい. With meanings we can add synonyms for when we frequency type things wrong, but you can’t for readings.

The reorder script can do this with 1x1 mode

You should probably just get used to typing nn for ん

2 Likes

I want an addon that I would call something “review incorrect”.
Here’s how it would work…

After doing a review, you are sent to the results page. On the results page would be a button near “Answered Incorrectly” that would start another review session that includes items that you got incorrect. This review would have no bearing on the SRS statistics that WaniKani keeps, it’s just to help not making the same mistake over and over again. After doing the review again, it would create a new box inbetween Answered Incorrectly, and Answered Correctly in orange, and move all the items that you correctly identified the second time there.

For now, maybe this is kind of what you’re looking for?

1 Like

That’s very useful, thank you!

1 Like

There’s also the extra filters script for the self study script which let’s you review recently failed items

@earthiverse

3 Likes

This is a good alternative to what I wanted, thanks!

1 Like

Aha ok, actually thought of a practical and useful one.

When you use the search bar, you can type romanji and it will search that as if it’s written in hiragana. So, you would literally search “kissatenn” and it would bring up “cafe” as a result.
I’m assuming that a lot of us have Japanese IME input setup anyway, but this would be very useful for when you’re using say a library computer or someone elses phone, which I often do.

I doubt you can install scripts on these devices, though

1 Like

So I have a really simple request for a script.

When I do not know a kanji of a vocab, I always look up, if the kanji is already burned or still in the SRS. If it is burned, I unburn it again, so that over time I have to know all the kanji.

My (actually very small issue) is, that in the review-info screen, the kanji are not painted grey, if they are already burned. I really ask myself, why this is a standard feature for the whole WK site, but not in this info-section.

Do you know if a script, that simply paints these kanji grey already exists?
If not, do you think it would be a good idea to create such a script or even mail at hello@wanikani if they want to add this feature?

Thanks very much in advance!

Cheers!
~T :lion:

1 Like

I currently use the pitch accent script and the audio button (i.e. the ‘j’ key) to reinforce pitch accent and pronunciation in my reviews. I would love a user script that makes pronunciation and pitch accent a first class concern (instead of just supplementing reviews).

Some thoughts:

• can be combined into the reading review for a vocab
  • allows the recording of the user’s pronunciation and playback (it doesn’t even have to persist after the item has been reviewed)
  • to be used in combination with
    • the pitch accent script (to show pitch accent)
    • the double check script (to mark incorrectly pronounced answers as wrong)

The workflow would be:

• vocab reading review appears
  • user enters kana reading and submits
  • script starts recording audio (maybe triggered manually if that’s the user’s preference)
  • user speaks reading and presses enter (or another key to start recording again - maybe backspace)
  • correct answer is displayed (and WK audio is autoplayed)
  • if user is happy then progress as normal
  • if user thinks answer is wrong (or just wants to check), they can press a button to play their recording (ideally ‘k’ or a key close to ‘j’ so they can keep swapping between the WK and user pronunciations).
  • if the pronunciation is wrong, then they can’t mark it as wrong (with the double check script)
  • if they want to check the pitch accent pattern they can just push ‘f’ to see the item details (the pitch accent script)

Seems to already be default behavior.

What userscripts are you using? You may need to request it there.

Hello yall,
I know the userscript I’m thinking of exists, considering I had it installed on my old laptop, but I completely forgot the name and I’d really appreciate it if anyone remembers it.
It was a script that showed the radical composition of kanji, and said like “the 手 in this kanji makes the reading て”. It was under the reading section of the kanji’s info.
Sorry if this isn’t where to ask this, but I remember that script helping me remember readings to an incredible degree. Thank you!

This?

1 Like