What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

This is awesome! I didn’t even know this existed. I’ll definitely use it. It’s very similar to what I want, but it’s like the bare bones version of it. Ideally, I’d want reading underneath with the meanings as well. Also, I like to be able to do this with vocab and radicals. I know I can search for all vocab that share a particular kanji, but I hate the layout of the page with everything stacked vertically across the full length of my window. It’s mostly just placing the most info into the most aesthetically pleasing version expanding from the script you linked. That may be too particular to how I’d like it to be though, so I’m really happy to have access to the script you linked. :blush:

Nop. In wk the vocabs you learn this way:
vocabs containing kanjis => meaning
vocabs containing kanjis => reading
and in kaniwani meaning => reading.

I would like to be able to learn in the way vocabs without kanjis => meaning

Instead of having this, we would have this

Edit : so yeah like riccyjay said!

Ow, ok, no problem. I got you…

As it turns out, you were right :stuck_out_tongue:

ウ!ウ!ウ!ウ!ウ! I have an idea I have an idea!

I’m using the Wanikani Self-Study Quiz Edition script and I’d love to have a similar script that would work on the critical items page. Would this be possibru?

My critical items list is growing… I’ve got 二十 on there now! And I’m afraid this list will only get larger…

^^^ Wrong link for some reason :slight_smile:
[correct link]

When I update my scripts to use APIv2, the new version will probably support the Critical items. I want to fix up this script more than all the others!

1 Like

Woops. Adjusted the link in my post. :blush:

That’s great news. Thanks! :cherry_blossom:

Mempo
Ow, ok, no problem. I got you…

Awesome thanks!
I think that it would be a good idea to do it outside of the wk reviews, to review the vocabs both ways with and without kanjis. What do you think?

Maybe it is possible with houhou? Never used it so i’m not sure and prefer to ask before trying.

(T’es français non ^^ ?)

hehehey by the way @rfindley I could use your self study quizz script to do this by changing it a bit. I will give it a try tomorrow and see if I can change it to only show kana. Must be easy I believe.

If I understand correctly, I think this is already possible in the preset configuration menu. It should be the “Reading -> Meaning”.

bro, I misread the definition of 本and thought it was “read” rather than “real”. I didn’t notice it said slightly off and by the time I realized my mistake, I had almost got it to Guru and it took a long tiome before I typed in the correct meaning.

2 Likes

If you’d be willing to put in the extra work, that would be a good idea indeed.

I’ve never used HouHou before, but if it isn’t possible already, it’s probably gonna be hard to make. You’d have to contact the maker of that program, so it’d be out of my hands.

nope, but I can understand it.

Oh okay I’ll check it this evening thanks.
@Mempo okay I will seek for solutions thanks!
I though you were french because of your azerty keyboard.

Mark as incorrect.

Blacklisting English meaning.
Sometimes, I don’t like some of the official WaniKani meanings too. I want such meanings to be incorrect. The other use would be prevention of improper Cigar-ization.

Im pretty sure this would be a huge task, but maybe an extension (or separate website) that, just like anki, you’re able to put in new fake “levels”, kanji, or sets of vocabulary from others, except it’s just like wanikani in the sense of the style and SRS etc.

How about a redirect script so every time I click on the “Community” link I get sent to a page asking “Have you done your grammar lessons yet? Yes/No”

1 Like

An extension to order reviews according to their level-up status.

1 Like

Script to allow Kana/Kanji in Meaning input box of Vocab and Kanji.

I am planning this: Adding Japanese meaning as a synonym for every vocab and Kanji in WaniKani

I still want this as well. I don’t want to answer the meaning correctly too early for certain entries…

Would it be possible to have the context of kanji with similar meanings put together in lessons and reviews?

For example, have context snippets for 価 appear also on 値 so that when you learn either, you can differentiate their uses right away. WK does this sometimes but not extensively. I think it would be pretty useful.

(hope this makes sense).

Like 理由、場所、存在 right?

It might be a good idea to extend this ⇑ to this script. I am not sure if it is already in the script, though. At least, this is superior to WaniKani’s native version.

Yes exactly!

Thanks for the suggestion! I just checked it, and its not but it is still super userful