What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Is there a review overview modification that shows from which level your items came?

So instead of
Apprentice: [Items]

Guru->Apprentice:[items]
Master->Apprentice:[items]

Hahahh thanks for all the help! 
I’ll use EskimoJo’s script and also I’ll go train the pinkie at the gym as well, just in case :stuck_out_tongue:
If only I had cookies at home to follow all the steps though :confused:
Guess i’ll have to skip that one ^^’

I would love an extension for lessons that hides a new item’s meaning on the first screen (i.e. the “Radicals” screen for kanji and the “Breakdown” page for vocab). I like to look at the new item by itself first, especially for vocab when it’s useful to try and puzzle out the meaning from the kanji involved, but my eye is naturally drawn to the English right underneath it. Right now I’m going through lessons hiding part of the screen with my hand every time I move forward, which is pretty annoying. 

Apologies if something like this already exists, I looked at the list of existing extensions but could’ve easily missed it.

SailorSapphire said... I would love an extension for lessons that hides a new item's meaning on the first screen (i.e. the "Radicals" screen for kanji and the "Breakdown" page for vocab). I like to look at the new item by itself first, especially for vocab when it's useful to try and puzzle out the meaning from the kanji involved, but my eye is naturally drawn to the English right underneath it. Right now I'm going through lessons hiding part of the screen with my hand every time I move forward, which is pretty annoying. 

Apologies if something like this already exists, I looked at the list of existing extensions but could've easily missed it.
 Requested and solved two weeks ago! /t/Userscript-Wanikani-Lesson-Spoiler-Removal/14550/30
Mempo said... Requested and solved two weeks ago! /t/Userscript-Wanikani-Lesson-Spoiler-Removal/14550/30
 Awesome, thanks!!

i made a thread asking if there is any streak plugin or anything that exists but it didnt get any attention so ill link it here to see if it gets any attention. I really need this plugin i think it will help a lot 

/t/Is-there-a-streak-plugin/14729/1

I need an extension that shows me my Apprentice lvl vocab on Dashboard under my Radical and Kanji progress (I use Dashboard Progress Plus for that purpose).
I want to see it just the way it’s shown in Progress Lattice.
It should be easy: copy some code from one page and insert it in another.
Please?

Hi! I just saw that thread and thought about posting my minor request here:
It would be nice to have a wankikani night-mode switch. Thus turning everything dark grey and the text white. For all I care, even the colors of the element types can be turned to that said grey. Dunno if that’s a thing to commit a whole extension for, so even a css-sheet would be nice!

I’m wondering if anything exists that would allow me to easily view/copy/export WK words that are labeled as certain parts of speech, so I can further review them in my own time. For example, something to grab all verbs I’ve unlocked up to my current level, or maybe the ability to select up to a certain a level. I ask because there are several kanji used within verbs where I have trouble remembering the kun’yomi reading, so it would help me to review or see them in other contexts.

Failing that, I suppose an Anki deck or a list of common/useful verbs would be helpful, as well.

ekalz said... Hi! I just saw that thread and thought about posting my minor request here:
It would be nice to have a wankikani night-mode switch. Thus turning everything dark grey and the text white. For all I care, even the colors of the element types can be turned to that said grey. Dunno if that's a thing to commit a whole extension for, so even a css-sheet would be nice!
 Have you had a good look at all the scripts/add ons? I'm sure there are a few styling ones. Probably not an automatic night-mode one, but definitely one(s) that allows you to change WK's colours.
ekalz said... Hi! I just saw that thread and thought about posting my minor request here:
It would be nice to have a wankikani night-mode switch. Thus turning everything dark grey and the text white. For all I care, even the colors of the element types can be turned to that said grey. Dunno if that's a thing to commit a whole extension for, so even a css-sheet would be nice!
A few existing user styles:
https://userstyles.org/styles/113986/wanikani-dark
https://userstyles.org/styles/116150/wanikani-simple-black
https://userstyles.org/styles/126672/wanikani-grayish-blueish-dark
https://userstyles.org/styles/115352/wanikani-custom-color-style

Install with the Stylish add-on or as a user script 

Does anyone know if there is a script out there that mimics HouHou in that you can press backspace to ignore answer and the plus key to add entered word as a User Synonym? I find these shortcuts make reviews far less time-consuming, especially the user synonym one. 

Corks said... Does anyone know if there is a script out there that mimics HouHou in that you can press backspace to ignore answer and the plus key to add entered word as a User Synonym? I find these shortcuts make reviews far less time-consuming, especially the user synonym one. 
 Ignore answer with ESC button: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23696-wanikani-override

Not sure if the synonym one exists.

Thanks Mempo.

Corks said... Does anyone know if there is a script out there that mimics HouHou in that you can press backspace to ignore answer and the plus key to add entered word as a User Synonym? I find these shortcuts make reviews far less time-consuming, especially the user synonym one. 
 Wanikani Augmenter on Chrome has backspace option.

User synonyms with greasyfork.

I could use a userscript that automatically puts furigana in all the example sentences– I find that reading them aloud helps me remember the vocab, but usually I can only read the top one aloud, if there are two sentences (why is the bottom sentence always loaded with kanji you haven’t learned yet anyways? Seems like it’s only there to tease you). 

Taira-Suto-n said... I think It'd be cool to have a list of all the vocabulary in lists of what they are (Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Etc.), That lets you know how many of each type of word there are. I know when I study, I very frequently look at specifically Verbs or Adjectives when studying Grammar, And using Wanikani to know what verbs and adjectives I should know would be (I think) extremely useful and pretty cool.
 This Please

Is it possible to make a script that lets you redo selected lessons (preferably not mixed with normal lessons)? I would so love to practise the vocab that I confuse outside of the SRS system with the WK intreface. If it is not possible to do  because of some technical mumbo jumbo I don’t understand can it be made like Kaniwani as a separate homepage? I know there is a script for practising in a selected level and category but I what to mix from all (unlocked) levels and category’s.

A working way to add your own vocab would be great. I tried using one, but it was from 2013 or something like that, so it fucked up all the reviewing.

couldn’t find a script with a quick search: i’d want to be able to input multiple meanings / readings (if one is incorrect, the whole item gets marked incorrect). is that even feasable?