What are your recommendations for improving typing speed for 12 key layout

How to improve 12 key input typing speed on mobile

2 Likes

Only one way: keep using it.

When I started, it was painfully slow. Two weeks later, I was a lot faster. And it didn’t take much actual typing, just enough of repeated exposure.

Edit: Wtf. I leebo’d @Leebo :eyes:

9 Likes

Are you asking if there are resources dedicated to improving your speed?

The basic answer is: practice

But I do not know of anything dedicated to it specifically. So just practicing using it will improve your speed over time.

6 Likes

Assuming flick input is the same across devices, one other thing I’d recommend is to learn where each vowel is. That is

A in the centre
I left
U above
E right
O below

The only keys for which this isn’t true are the わ and や keys. Otherwise, you can apply this pattern without modification to all the other keys.

5 Likes

Clearly I don’t type fast enough. :wink:

5 Likes

I didn’t think you needed to type. I thought you just glared at the keyboard and it undertook the necessary steps to ensure its continued existence.
TIL.

I thought “TKL” when used to describe a keyboard was just another way of saying that it had suffered punishment for disobeying you.

3 Likes

Like others said, it comes with time. If you use flaming durtles or similar, you can just make a self induced rule that you can only answer reading questions with it

1 Like

Exactly what everyone else said, practice, practice and practice.

Also, WELCOME, welcome to this beautiful community!!! :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.