Week 5 - 気になってる人が男じゃなかった (Beginner book club)

Welcome to Week 5 of 気になってる人が男じゃなかった

Learn more about the Beginner Book Club here
Visit the home page for this manga here

Week 5 March 2nd 2024
Start Page 63
End Page 78
Chapters Continuing Chapter 1
Pages 16
Last week Week 4
Next week Week 6
Home Thread Here
Last panel for this week’s reading

Page numbers are the ones printed on the bottom of the pages. These may differ from the numbering in digital versions.

Vocabulary

Vocab Spreadsheet

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Discussion Guidelines

Everybody should feel free to post and ask questions–it’s what makes book clubs fun! But please do not post until you are familiar with Spoiler Courtesy!

Spoiler Courtesy

Please follow these rules to avoid inadvertent ネタバレ. If you’re unsure whether something should have a spoiler tag, err on the side of using one.

1. Any potential spoiler for the current week’s reading need only be covered by a spoiler tag. Predictions and conjecture made by somebody who has not read ahead still falls into this category.
  2. Any potential spoilers for external sources need to be covered by a spoiler tag and include a label (outside of the spoiler tag) of what might be spoiled. These include but are not limited to: other book club picks, other books, games, movies, anime, etc. I recommend also tagging the severity of the spoiler (for example, I may still look at minor spoilers for something that I don’t intend to read soon).
  3. Any information from later in the book than the current week’s reading (including trigger warnings that haven’t yet manifested) needs to be hidden by spoiler tags and labeled as coming from later sections.
Instructions for Spoiler Tags

Click the cog above the text box and use either the “Hide Details” or “Blur Spoiler” options. The text which says “This text will be hidden” should be replaced with what you are wishing to write. In the case of “Hide Details”, the section in the brackets that is labelled “Summary” can be replaced with whatever you like also (i.e, [details=”Chapter 1, Pg. 1”]).

Hide Details results in the dropdown box like below:

Example

This is an example of the “Hide Details” option.

The “Blur Spoiler” option will simply blur the text it surrounds.

This is an example of the “Blur Spoiler” option.

Posting Advice
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number, and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked. As the threads get longer, it becomes more convenient to use the Search function, which is located in the upper right corner of the forum. It is the magnifying glass which is near your profile picture! The best way to search is usually to type part of the sentence you are confused about, and select “in this topic”. This will show you all posts within the current thread which has that string of text.

• Be sure to join the conversation! It’s fun, and it’s what keeps these book clubs lively! There’s no such thing as a stupid question! We are all learning here, and if the question has crossed your mind, there’s a very good chance it has crossed somebody else’s also! Asking and answering questions is a great learning opportunity for everyone involved, so never hesitate to do so!

Participation

Will you be reading along with us this week?

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but haven’t reached this point yet
  • I’ve already read previously but I’m here for the discussion
  • I’m reading this after the bookclub has finished
  • I’ve stopped reading this book
0 voters
10 Likes

I may have gotten a bit carried away with this week’s reading :smiling_face_with_tear:

10 Likes

Heh. I didn’t quite read that far, but I did read to the end of the big-C Chapter - there were only four pages left, after all.

5 Likes

I honestly think I’m just gonna keep going now. I’ve got the momentum, might as well use it

4 Likes

Don’t worry, I accidentally read a bit ahead as well. I’m somewhere around the end of volume 2

6 Likes

TIL there’s a volume two

I think I’m gonna get that one too :smile: This one’s right at the edge of what I can read with effort but not so much effort that I get discouraged, and I remember the general gist of the story because I’ve been following along with a translation, so it’s a very good read at my skill level

6 Likes

It came out like, 5 days ago, I even had it preordered.

Definitely, volume 2 is maaaybe a very tiny bit harder, but it’s also around the same difficulty

8 Likes

Waiting on my physical for V2

The vocab sheet could use some point again. In my defence, I’m on vacation

4 Likes

I filled in the vocab sheet for the last few pages. Thanks to whoever did the rest.

I wasn’t sure about the exact meaning of - プレミア付き - I presume it’s some sort of deluxe edition.

I spotted that there are several 気になってる人 playlists on Spotify!

This week’s reading

So the boy has worked it out! But keeping it a secret so far. And has Aya worked it out too? She certainly seems to have her suspicions. Will be interesting to see what happens when the three get together…

8 Likes
spoiler for the week

Understandably, this is probably my favourite panel of the volume.

reply to Micki

I don’t think she figured it out, she would act weirder at the very least

7 Likes
Summary

That panel was awesome! Really unexpected. You wondered how she was going to react when he confronted her, but I hadn’t heard expected her to push him against the wall and dominate him like that!

4 Likes

Trying to decipher some of the handwriting… did I get it right?

Page 71

スマ〜ン
自治会の
あいさつ
で〜

p71

Page 77

存在感消して

5 Likes

These look correct

5 Likes
Summary

I love his sparkly-eyed reaction to her too :rofl: This guy’s just blown away by Koga’s coolness

6 Likes

Someone needs to adopt this as their avatar picture…

6 Likes

You’re a “someone” are you not? :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Challenge accepted :v:

11 Likes

I read the next four pages as well. And if I could read faster, I probably would have continued even further ahead. That’s always a good sign, though, if a book has you wanting for more. :smiley:

6 Likes

At the rate I’m going now I’ll be finished with volume 1 by the end of this week :smile:

5 Likes
Page 66

校長のセンスサイコーです

サイコー = 最古 ?
Or 最高 ?

3 Likes