Join the Advanced Book Club here!
雪国 - Snow Country Home Thread
Start Date: Nov 7th
Previous Part: Week 1
Next Part: Week 3
||End Page (角川文庫)
Word lists - Learn the vocabulary for 雪国 - Snow Country
- Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
- When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
- To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)
- I’m reading along
- I have finished this part
- I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
- I am no longer reading the book
Proper Noun Readings
||The girl on the train
I was pleasantly surprised to find the end at 19% instead! I don’t think I’d have made 21 today.
I’m sure the long break between week 1 and 2 didn’t help matters, but even without that - this book is so hard to read! There’s so many run on sentences, and a lot of those I have to read multiple times to really get what’s going on.
And even so I’m not getting full comprehension. I also don’t really know what I could possibly ask, though. It’s nothing quite so concrete.
about the story
That was a long descend into their past meeting. I had started wondering a couple times while reading, but apparently that was all just recollection.
I’m hoping the return to their present will bring some fresh winds, or maybe I’ll get used to the style soon-ish.
I found weeks 1 and 2 (and maybe 3? but not as much) to be the hardest ones to read yet. After that, it gets quite a bit easier. (Or maybe I’m getting more ignorant )
I think that might depend on whether you have footnotes at the end? My book has no footnotes whatsoever, and so the percentages are higher. I guess you’ll figure out how much you need to subtract for each week (as I don’t think it makes sense to track the percentages for all the different ebooks out there )
No, I wouldn’t think so either. I checked next week’s break, which is also 2 percent earlier in my version, so I imagine it’ll stay pretty stable somewhere around there.
Whichever it is, I’m looking forward to it!