Join the Intermediate Book Club here!
博士の愛した数式 - The Housekeeper and the Professor Home Thread
Start Date: Jan 2nd
Previous Part: Week 15
Next Part: Week 17
||[End Chapter 8]
- Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
- When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
- To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)
- I’m reading along
- I have finished this part
- I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
- I am no longer reading the book
I was really expecting 博士 to flip out about √ being on the mountain in the storm, but I guess it was the opposite. It was a nice to see him calming 家政婦, but a bit of a change from earlier.
Yes, I was totally expecting that too! But he felt really down-to-earth in that episode, I liked that a lot.
I don’t know why, but several pages are missing in my German edition of the book. After the description of the everyday sounds and the faint sound of old songs in the radio, the chapter closes. So far, the translation has been fairly accurate. Perhaps the translator doesn’t like the baseball talk?
I recently bought the German version as well (it’s a present). Just double-checked, and it’s also missing the rest of the chapter, starting from 博士は窓辺の指定席. (Mine is the 8th edition, from 2020). Really weird…
Mine is the 7th edition from 2017.