Wanikani works!

I started Wanikani last year with the intention of following the most faithfully possible the rythm of reviews and lessons. And at first I did. Then life happened and I had to take a 2 months pause because I was abroad and then again in february I changed job. Which means I had a lot (of medical stuff) to learn and paused Wanikani for almost 4 months.

And now that things are calmer I’m back. And I admit I was anxious, after such a long pause did I forget everything? What if I fail at most of my reviews when my lessons are from months ago??

You know how WK aims to reach the long-term memory level? This is all SRS is about after all.
Well I’m overjoyed, because I remembered everything. No major fail, even recent lessons.

Wanikani works, people. And I’m so grateful, I finally found a method that works with me.

So THANK YOU Wanikani.

21 Likes

https://gph.is/2JFPbyY

Glad to hear it, ifern! Coming back after any kind of break can be tough, so I’m happy for you that it was relatively painless.

9 Likes

3 Likes

can I borrow your superior brain for a couple decades?

3 Likes

I can definitely say the same! :hugs:

1 Like

Meanwhile… me coming back after a stressful week and enabling vacation mode for a few days:

But good for you! :smiley:
And even though my brain doesn’t work like yours I will definitely agree: WaniKani works. Just takes me a bit longer to get everything into my long-term memory.

10 Likes

I think it’s more about finding the method that works for you. I had tried others before (apps, flash cards etc) and really I was starting to feel I was hopeless.
WK works with me but it may not do so well with others. Anyway, this was a thank you post because I see a fair amount of unfair critics against WK in the community sometimes.
WK is not perfect, but it mostly does the job.

See you at level 60 ^^

2 Likes

Yes it does. Pure magic!

I feel the same! Nothing has ever worked as well as WaniKani. :two_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.