Wanikani Users Distribution by Level

An IRL friend of mine who started learning Japanese around the same time as me and even took the same amount of University classes hasn’t made it past Wanikani level 3. He told me he is hesitant about the subscription fee and struggles to fit it into his daily schedule.

Thx a lot!

2 Likes

How many people are in Level 60, “Golden Children”, currently? And “Turtle Burners”? (And also, “Chattygators”?)

2 Likes

Yes! Please… Does anybody have a way of finding out those things anymore?

Are these sect titles?

These were sections used in the old forums to track user achievements.

1 Like

Thanks for the data! I love looking at these charts. In my case I Lagged on level 1 to several months before getting serious with it.

1 Like

Any news on this? :smiley:

3 Likes

I even pitched them a design and everything :durtle_the_explorer:

3 Likes

I’ll be lvl 60 in 28 days :kissing_heart: @viet

3 Likes

Yeah. We actually narrowed down on a potential DTG tshirt dropship service just yesterday. We’ve been sitting on a design for a while (there are a few changes needed to be made still). I’ll upload the design later today for viewing.

The next step is to order a sample shirt from them to make sure things are good. If the shirt and printing matches our expectations then we’ll proceed to the next step.

17 Likes

FWIW, I’ve worked with Printful before, so if your dropshipper doesn’t pan out, perhaps give them a try :blush:

Not the final design. We are having Aya add claws to the crabigator. Going with gold/deep yellow shirt with white print.

58 Likes

I would take that white on black, like the image :yum:

What about a version that says “I burned over 8000 turtles and all I got was this lousy T-shirt”?

7 Likes

Any chance you would consider making it say “漢字” instead of “KANJI”? I think it would be more impactful that way; most people don’t know what kanji are.

19 Likes

^^^ Heh… Ironically, they’re even less likely to know what 漢字 means, but more likely to (mostly) figure it out. “Wow, you learned 2000 of those Chinese letters?”

28 Likes

Honestly, I’d probably pay for that.

5 Likes

Are you still working on this? :slight_smile:

12 Likes

@TofuguKanae is managing the project, so she is the better person to ask :slight_smile:

12 Likes