WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2023, All Aboard!

Man I wish I started Wanikani in March 2020 when I started learning Japanese, instead of doing my crappy Anki decks. I would have finished by now. Oh well better late than never I guess.

5 Likes

Thanks for the wise words! Happy to hear your experience, looking forward to the difficulty spike. :crabigator:

2 Likes

so sick!!! ima race with yall :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, very few people get 2000 Kanji done in a year. That would mean keeping a 6-day average level up speed. I’m currently on a 20-day level up average time, though I plan to slowly decrease to around 12 by the end of my journey to finish in 2 years.

5 Likes

I got my first burns this weekend! Most of my level one radicals and kanji are now officially burned. Was a little shocked I remembered all the radicals, because I sometimes have trouble remembering the names WK gives them. Kanji are way easier for me to remember. But I guess that first batch is simple enough that they stuck. Was stupidly excited but not a single person in my house would have understood, so I kept my joy to myself. But I know you all will get my happiness over it :blush:

20 Likes

Congratulations! :tada:

3 Likes

I’m joining as well! Better late than never!

7 Likes

levelled to 10! Only 20 to go (or 50 :laughing:). Now for the 115 lesson along side all my other Japanese (self-assigned) homework.

9 Likes

Oh my, that’s amazing :33 Congrats on a job well done! First burns are the best :333

catjam

4 Likes

I don’t really use the community side of WK so please help me out - how do I get the leaderboard to show?

1 Like

Do you mean the one for the WaniKani website or the one in this thread?

1 Like

Also congrats!

2 Likes

The way the latest level I completed looks right now after I’ve been working on reviews again after a 5+ month long hiatus… so colorful… some things stick better than ofters I guess :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Don’t believe in yourselves… believe in the me who believes in all of you!!!

Looking forward to a fun year!

9 Likes

am level 6 now!

9 Likes

congrats! :tada: :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

This thread, the one people have posted images of

1 Like

The post under the main post is where you add your stats to the board, just click the orange icon.

Or if you mean the personalized leaderboards that’s a plugin thing found here.

You can’t directly push the wiki leaderboard into the script though, you have to manually add each person.

I’d opt for adding your favorites or people around your level though, there’s a lot of people there!

2 Likes

yes please haha. I dont think I understand the instructions properly

2 Likes

Well, not directly, but you actually can.

1 Like