WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2023, All Aboard!

I’m jogging close to level 6 :slight_smile: watch out

4 Likes

Please add me. I’d love to join the race! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From my experience, dividing them in manageable chunks works well. I learn 30 new radicals/kanji/words every day. It’s helped me reduce the number of lessons while not feeling too overwhelmed.
Good luck!

5 Likes

Happy new year everyone.
I hope you’re not all too messed up after your new year party! :slight_smile:
Will you all the best and let’s climb together those damn levels! :muscle:

6 Likes

Count me in! I just started wanikani in december, and I wish I found it sooner! My husband is quarter japanese so I want to learn japanese so i could chat with our relatives when visiting japan and could read anything japanese… I may a bit slow but I’ll try to reach level 30 by the end of 2022!

8 Likes

I hope I’m not too late! I’ve been a WaniKani free member since way back 2014 but only recently picked it up again and finally decided to go Lifetime this year. Hope to have a great time learning kanji alongside everyone!

10 Likes

How do you find the file location to edit the code? When installing it doesn’t allow me to edit the source code.

1 Like

If you click the icon for the plugin you used to install the script in the toolbar of your browser there should be an option to edit the script.

2 Likes

I’m pretty close to level 4 myself, I should have it by Tuesday at the latest.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Due to some other extensions my extension buttons were hidden and I didn’t know how to find them. I was able to track them down and make the edit, much appreciated!

2 Likes

I’m working through a ~700 item deep backlog of reviews before doing any new lessons so it’s gonna take me a while to get to the next level :sweat_smile: but still, I find this study buddy race very motivating!

I’m only doing 50 reviews a day to avoid overwhelming myself again, and when I get back to doing lessons I’m only gonna do 10 new lessons a day max (unless I find some of the lessons very easy, then I can do more).

Will slow and steady win the race? Stay tuned and find out :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Whoo lets go everyone! 頑張って! Looking forward to seeing us all at 30 by the end of this year.

4 Likes

Woohoo, Happy New Year racers! :tada:

5 Likes

Thank you script friend. I was struggling to figure out what exactly the issue was with that.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m happy to be a part of this group. I’ve been trying really hard to keep up with my reviews and lessons the last couple of months, so it will be great to have all the extra motivation, as well.

Happy New Year to everyone. :confetti_ball:

6 Likes

We should use laptop and windows and install it? I am mainly using the tsurukame app so Idk how

2 Likes

Happy New Years everyone!! Try not to overwhelm yourself and go at your own pace, a little everyday will bring big results by the end of the year, that goes for all things~ I myself “started” WaniKani 1/14/21 and now I’m level 45ish, pretty quick rate. Studied Japanese quite a bit, so a good chunk is just review, and learning all the kanji. Highly recommend to add on other aspects such as Grammar (Bunpro) and reading actual Japanese material with something like Anki in addition to WK, but WK alone does wonders, able to recognize more and more from sentences. A wall of kanji now looks legible, albeit I still have more to grow. Levels 1-10 can be a little slow, but is a great start. The hardest levels for me to go through were around 20-30 somewhere in between, kanji and words built around law/government/judge (omg how many judges do we need) really got me. Just keep moving forward and reap the benefits once you’re here again next year!

13 Likes

Lmao right there with you buddy. I actually just finished “crushing” an 880 review pile over the past week. Now I’m at the starting line and ready to race!

7 Likes

From what I understand the userscript should work in most browsers and I believe that includes mobile browsers as well if you prefer that, but it may be more difficult to install the script on mobile than on a pc.

I don’t think it’s possible to install it in an app other than a browser though (however I don’t know much about scripts/coding so I may be completely wrong).

2 Likes

Count me in! Would like to hit 60 this year actually, but 30 sounds amazing as well :slight_smile:

Good luck racers!

5 Likes