Wanikani screenshots 📸

I really just thought it was pretty

10 Likes

I’m just starting to have Kanjis and Vocabs in my Enlightened Items! Such a nice feeling :blush:

4 Likes

Always look on the bright side of life :notes: :wink: (oh and just a friendly advice: if you don’t hear the song at the end of “The life of Brian” when you read this, then you absolutely have to go and whatch it right now! )

3 Likes

If only you were on level 42. :pensive:

Do they have a Japanese dubbed version? I’ve only seen bits and pieces of the English one

1 Like

I’m afraid I really don’t know that - I’ve never thought of waching english (or french cause I’m French :stuck_out_tongue: ) movies dubbed in Japanese, though now you say it it makes a lot of sense in the optic of learning Kanji :thinking::sweat_smile:

1 Like

oh my I just realized dubbed and subbed are not the same thing hahaha

2 Likes

soclose
ああ! So close to my first 200 in Guru! I love WaniKani so much. This is amazing.

10 Likes

haha well they’re both helpful for learning Japanese I think. My ultimate preference is a movie that has the voices in Japanese as well as Japanese subtitles.

1 Like

I would prefer that too, but often in dubbed versions the Japanese subtitles will be based on the original language, and not on what they actually ended up with for the spoken version.

I was watching Moana in Japanese last night, and not even the song lyrics were the same. But luckily Moana is (mostly) easy enough to understand without subs

1 Like

Oh really? The only time I’ve had Japanese audio and subtitles is when I’m watching actual Japanese movies. I’ll have to go check out the Japanese Moana because that sounds really interesting.

so you’ve never missed anything ever until these?!?!?!?!!

What do these numbers mean? 53/22/78/131 and what script is this? (if you don’t mind my asking)

That looks like the breakdown by level: 53 items in apprentice 1, 22 in apprentice 2, and so on.

Although, those numbers add up to 284, so somebody’s math is wrong.

1 Like

Leech script adds that, iirc. It’s the breakdown of Apprentice levels. App I, App II, App III, App IV. (and the little number in the down-right corner is the number of leeches)

1 Like

yes but why

3 Likes

No, those are active leeches. The “1” means it’s the first time I failed this particular item. I failed plenty more, but not recently, so they’re… passive leeches? It’s from the leech script, and it won’t show items with a leech score below 1.

Apparenly “both directions” can be either 両方向 (りょうほうこう)or 二方 (ふたかた)

The vocab is essentially “both ways of doing something” or "both sides of an argument’ and you can’t replace either word with “direction”, so they’re not quite synonyms. I agree it’s confusing, and I’ll just learn 両方向 is a thing that exists myself :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Makes sense! Thank you :grin:

1 Like

alright so it took almost four months but we’re finally here

can we not do that again kthx

5 Likes

This is my worst review so far :scream:

I don’t know what happened! :sweat:

2 Likes