Wanikani memes

Definitely feelin that surge when reading 公共交通機関*

* Thank god there is a short version of that :joy:

Click Me!

Hohoho… that would’ve been too easy, eh?

公共交通 - public transport
交通機関 - transit system

8 Likes

exactly this!

Those articles in nhk easy news with 衆議院議員 or 自動販売機 and I can read them, it feels very rewarding! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Drives home one more time the difference between reading and understanding :laughing:

I could translate individual words - public, commute,machine, connection but didn’t put them together for public transit system :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

自動販売機 is crucial vocab tbh. They even had an article recently about 河豚自動販売機 which I think got posted on this forum somewhere!

9 Likes

I saw that article, very interesting new ways they are trying to sell stuff on those vending machines :smiley:

Sorry I still don’t think I understand. Can you explain this word in American? Is it some kind of communist elven magic?

5 Likes

It might be one of those untranslatable words, but the closest American approximate is “greyhound,” I believe.

3 Likes

Something like that. It’s one of those words you run out of breath before you finish pronouncing (especially when you’re a smoker, but you shouldn’t smoke on 公共交通機関、ダメ!)

It’s no doubt an incantation to summon the grand ゴロゴロ地下鉄さま!

3 Likes

promethean-fire

4 Likes

A reminder

15 Likes

Yeah, I feel this. Like, right now.

1 Like

25 Likes

23 Likes

When you ignore WK for a day and 1000 reviews build up:

22 Likes

On a related note:
THESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUN
Not sure that’s necessary, mate.
(oh, and my first enlightenment as well.)

8 Likes

you enlightened my “day” :eyes:

4 Likes

my reviews: u can’t burn me, cuz I’m the fire.

download

10 Likes

yeah, that’s why I have something like…30 Memory Palaces now??? lol My Russian has never been stronger.

6 Likes

Seems like it would be Karakuchi Komento, the Ro character is ロ.
EDIT: I’ve managed to learn 河豚 without reaching that level, entirely from the memes.

4 Likes