Wanikani Level Projection

Hello everyone!

I created a mini project to estimate your leveling time in future.

:sparkles: try it on! :sparkles:

What it looks like :space_invader:

Insert your API Token and your pace target

And here’s what you’ll get

It will show all passed level, from 1 to until your current level. (Will list all reset level as well)

Your current level will be highlighted in blue

And it will project your leveling time until the end :cake:

Some brief explanation

• Time column is how long you spend time on that level to level up
  • Projection column will be calculated based on what you entered in configuration
  • Fastest yep it’s exactly what it sounds like
  • Median column is based on the median speed on your passed level. (median is not average). If you’re new and has no past level speed, this one will be as fast as 6d 20h.

It’s not the first :thinking:

Yep, I actually got inspired from Projection in wkstats. This is what it looked like back then

Indeed my mini project still far behind, but at least for now it satisfied my target MVP. :rofl:

Let me know what you think! Any suggestion and bug report is welcomed.

Cases that I haven’t test it yet

• new user
  • level 60 user (maybe will never need it anyway)

Improvement

• I totally forgot the SRS time for level 1 & 2 is different, will add in future
  • Maybe adding total day estimation is pretty neat :thinking:
34 Likes

Awesome job! I’m glad to know the exact dates of when I should level up now (at least, as long as I keep this pace, lol).

1 Like

Great calc, thank you! For some reason, wkstats projections doesn’t work for me, so this really help to schedule a party for a cake day! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad it’s useful.

Yeay can’t wait for the party!
On the other side, it’s getting me nervous that I know exactly when the fast levels are coming NEXT MONTH! :sob:

2 Likes

Very cool. According to this, I will have completed WaniKani one year and twenty days after I started it.

1 Like

I ran into an issue where my information could not be read correctly with the following error:
Cannot read property ‘passedAt’ of undefined

Possibly related to resetting in the past.

1 Like

I in fact did reset a level recently and this is what the projections showed. Is this how it is supposed to function when there is a reset involved?

1 Like

Ooops sorry, yes it’s a bug. Okay, I think there’s different data for reset level. I tried to guess the reset level data, and do some fix, can you try again now?

Oh wow, whatever you did fix the problem, it works great now!
Thank you for your hard work!

1 Like

Nice. Thanks for putting it together :+1:

If I keep going the way I’m going I should be finishing right around the New Year’s Eve 2021 :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :wink:

BTW, how did you get the wkstats to display their Projections page. It’s showing “under construction” for me :worried:

1 Like

If you look at the date in his screenshot (current level for example) you see that this screenshot was taken more than half a year ago. I remember it was still working then.

As far as I know the creator of wkstats had his hands full with work and could not resume reworking the projection page for quite some time.

Scroll down to rfindleys latest reply in this thread →

Great job to op for his project though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WOW, bull’s eye :rofl: I’m glad it works fine.

:raised_hands:
Let’s make it real!

2 Likes

Minor update:

• Added reset button (it will clear text field and data stored)
  • Fixed current level speed (actual instead of projection speed)

1 Like

Nice work! I didn’t see that this existed!

I decided to test for you with the read-only API key 502066c2-fa74-4193-b269-d5d5fa68ec8a and found this:

My userscript found this:

Comparing the two, my userscript doesn’t project past level 4 for a free user, but the site doesn’t ensure that the fastest possible can actually happen (no lessons have been completed) or take into account the accelerated speed for levels 1 and 2 of 3d 2h.

I’m aware that most of these are known issues, but I thought that this could help testing. :wink:

Despite the edge cases, I think this site has its advantages and have just linked to this thread on mine.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, I’ll look into that later. I just realized that level 1 and 2 is accelerated level, the fastest duration will be 1d 13h isn’t it? (there is -1hour for review stage more than 1d)

For Level 1 & 2 the SRS timings are accelerated for the Apprentice stage.

Apprentice 1 → 2 hours → Apprentice 2
Apprentice 2 → 4 hours → Apprentice 3
Apprentice 3 → 8 hours → Apprentice 4
Apprentice 4 → 1 day → Guru 1

1 Like

2 * 1d 13h = 3d 2h

As your script does correctly calculate, levels 1 and 2 are not fast levels, so radicals and kanji have to reach guru.

(As a reminder, a normal fast level takes 3d 10h and a normal slow level takes 2 * 3d 10h = 6d 20h)

1 Like

Owh I see, I forgot that there are locked items on level 1 and 2. Thank you :ok_hand:

1 Like

Used this recently, but currently seems to be down for me! (>_<)

1 Like

申し訳ございませんでした。
Ah so sorry, the domain was expired. I already updated it, please kindly check again. Thank you!