[Userscript] WK Read that if you can

That was fast lol. I’ve tried it and the vertical space problem seems to be fixed. But I noticed that the Reorder omega preset selector is now centered (it was aligned to the left before). I’ve tried to disable just the “Read that if you can” and it returns to the left position. It doesn’t really matter but just letting you know

2 Likes

Let me know if you want me to change any of my css, Gorbit

3 Likes

nice, so no need for jitai script and installing fonts on windows anymore?

1 Like

I’ll try to look at it and maybe wrap up the review text even more, but I’ll let you know if anything’s needed.

That’s my goal, yes, you should be able to take your config from one computer and transfer it/share it

4 Likes

even setting font size to 80, it is really small! Is there a fix?

Also, can you add a button for ‘select all’? Since the fonts are changed randomly right?

I realized the font only changes when I type correct or wrong in anki mode. When the item appears, it is the default font type. I use anki mode all the time in firefox.

1 Like

The default wk font size is 200ish I believe, or maybe you have a very high resolution display or something? Please take a screenshot or something with the issue on it

Which script are you using for anki mode? It’s probably a compatibility issue with that script, I’ll see what I can do about it

1 Like

I use this anki mode script, the newest one:

as soon as the item appears it is really small, if I hover with mouse pointer on it, it becomes big (default size) and the font changes.

If you open up the settings, the font size should go up to 300, and the characters should represent that size, what if you raise it to 200 or so?

1 Like

What about Jitai isn’t supported? I still use it. I might have had to change a line of code or two based on a comment, I don’t remember, but it’s working perfectly.

1 Like

Support isn’t about if it works rather if it will work in a year for example. I’ve read the jitai thread and currently the author isn’t working on it as far as I see.

2 Likes

Point taken. I am of course happy that someone is interested in insuring that a font-related script is available for the future.

Personally I plan sticking with Jitai until downloaded fonts become supported, but I’ll keep an eye on this thread and jump ship once I encounter issues or see features I’d prefer over here.

This is tangential, but I made a selection of different fonts I recommend. I planned on putting them in the Jitai thread, but if you think people would benefit from it here as well I’ll do that. It’s just that they’re fonts I’ve downloaded rather than ones on google, so perhaps I should wait.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that it the vertical space in lessons is way higher

I’ve added the lessons page in the user exclude and now it’s normal

1 Like

Well, because it should also set the font randomly for lessons. If it doesn’t, then that’s a bug to fix

2 Likes

I know it is probably not thr purpose of this script but can it make all my fonts to be only one? I ast it all to be Mincho as I love its appearance, is it possible?

There should be nothing stopping you from doing that, just set both minimum and maximum size to the same value and only select one font

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! It worked perfectly!

1 Like

@Gorbit99, I absolutely love the script but I’ve noticed that all of my reviews briefly display in the default font before snapping into whatever random font gets selected. Especially on easier reviews, I end up reading the word in the easy font before the trickier one even has a chance to throw me off.

Do you think this behavior would be an easy thing to fix?

Yeah, I noticed too, my guess is that fonts don’t get properly loaded until they are used, so I’ll try to do something against it.
Currently my schedule is a bit hectic, so can’t even work a lot on this script, but once everything settles, I will fix these.

3 Likes

The only thing this script needs to be a must have is the ability to turn it off for the first few SRS stages. I find I’m almost always having to mouse over my new items.

Seconding this with a suggestion somewhat in the same vein, one thing that I do like in Jitai is that it changes to the default font on answer input. More importantly for my personal workflow, it also changes the displayed font on a blank answer shake, so that I don’t have to use my mouse during reviews.

If you think this would be a good feature to implement, I could see it being another option along with FoolishSamurai’s “minimum SRS stage to randomize” option suggestion.