[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

Currently when inserting reviews manually the Heatmap uses identical entries, which would be incorrectly identified as duplicates

1 Like

Is there any chance you could add some way to have the cache not just in local storage but somewhere that is syncable across devices?
Something like a local file, onedrive, google drive, the webDAV protocol, or some other solution I cannot think of. With the reviews endpoint disabled for the foreseeable future, such a feature is required when frequently working on multiple devices. I have next to no javascript experience so I cannot judge how much work it would be to implement something like this though.

1 Like

That is not something which I am willing to undertake at this point. However, if anyone else wants to implement it I would be happy to merge it in.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been assuming that eventually the reviews information will once again be available from the API. And Iā€™m assuming that any reviews carried out in the meantime will appear in the reviews history when that happens.

If thatā€™s true, then it doesnā€™t make sense to pour more time and energy into building local infrastructure to patch this up while weā€™re waiting.

If itā€™s not true, then I donā€™t know what to think.

Have I misunderstood the situation?
(This would not be the first time.)

Nope. Thatā€™s it

2 Likes

Had to use this today on my new PC, worked great. Might be worth putting into the first comment so people can find it easier.

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™ve had an unfortunate problem with the Heatmap usersript, and I was wondering if it is possible to reverse it or not.

My original Heatmap looked like this:

But yesterday, I cleaned the cache and cookies of my browsers and apparently deleated all the info Heatmap had, resulting in this:

Is there any way to restore the information it previously had, or is it permanently gone now?

Thanks for the help!!

UPDATE:

My lesson heatmap was actually preserved. How come? That gives me hope for the review heatmap.

Since the change within the Reviews API in WK, the information used by the Heatmap is stored locally, Unfortunately when you cleared the Cache you removed the Reviews information that were being saved there. Sadly the only way to recover the appearence in the Heatmap is now to manually add the reviews within the Menu-Options.

The Lesson Heatmap reamins the same because the API didnā€™t change in this regard.

2 Likes

I see, thank you very much! Itā€™s unfortunate that I canā€™t recover it, but I didnā€™t know I could manually add them back. Thanks for the information ^^

1 Like

No problem :smiley:

If you happen to still have the reviews on a different device you can migrate them

1 Like

How could one do that? (Genuinely interested hereā€¦ :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

See

2 Likes

I have flaming durtles on my tablet. Would that work?

It would not

1 Like

Had to fresh install windows and lost my streak, i added in fake reviews to replicate a screenshot i had from a couple weeks a go but is it possible to add review time also was nice having time to log, and also remove reviews? accidentally added 2x amount on couple days because i assumed it was replacing not adding

1 Like

Iā€™ll consider adding a way to specify time when adding reviews. The way the time works is that it checks the time spent between reviews, so you would need to spread reviews out to add time. Iā€™ll also think about adding a way to clear a specific day

1 Like

You can now specify how many seconds you want to allocate per review. Note that using this may cause reviews to spill over into the following day(s) if you set it high enough (or add a lot of reviews). These seconds will count towards your total time.

You are also able to clear a specific day by clicking on it to open up the popup and hitting the trash can in the top left.

Also this lets you have some fun with your heatmap, if youā€™re feeling silly

5 Likes

I saw you mention a while back that wanikani doesnt log vacation mode so you cant put in automated vacation mode support. But would it be possible to be able to mark days manually as ā€˜on vacationā€™? Ideally Id like to be able to a) set a color so visually i can see where vacation was taken vs. where i just didnā€™t do my review and b) have vacation days not break or increment my streak (e.g. if march 3rd is my 5th day on streak, and i took vacation from march 4th to march 10th, and did my reviews on the 11th, iā€™d like the 11th to be marked as my 6th streak day)

1 Like

Thatā€™s certainly something I would be willing to consider. However, itā€™ll have to wait until WK reinstates the review API. Unless we can get proper data for the Heatmap I donā€™t want to spend too much time on it

2 Likes