[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

Thanks for this! I just realized my streak went kaput after using flaming durtles for 5 days straight. This fixed it :heart:

1 Like

Well I decided to do a merging tool since I have merged my reviews manually 3 times already. It shouldn’t be too hard to use if you’re familiar with browser’s F12 menu(dev tools).

Just a warning that it’s very simple and may or may not assault your eyes.

5 Likes

Oh no, now it’s not tracking in any device T_T, is this also known?

1 Like

It should still track locally on devices where you have the Heatmap installed

Not tracking anymore on my main PC :/, last three days it indicates review: 0.

I’ve just tried reinstalling and it started to track again apparently, but the previous days seem to be lost :c very weird, but not the end of the world. I don’t really know what could I do to help you troubleshoot an eventual bug

1 Like

Has anybodies heatmap reset again? Mine has been tracking for the last week-ish and it reset today again???

For me the heatmap works, but I realised it’s not counting the reviews I did on the flaming durtle app.
I saw that flaming durtle is not supported anymore.
Does anyone know if this is an issue with the app or just some issue with the headmap?

Edit;
Just saw that someone asked above about device based/account based, so maybe thats the issue.

2 Likes

Why completely remove access to review data instead of just restricting how often you can access that data. I mean once a day, week or month whatever should be fine to keep the data accurate while not overloading the servers, the rest could be done via local storage. I think the devs went a bit overboard with this, stats and gamification are one of the major reasons my ADHD brain is still around, damn it.

8 Likes

This looks cool!! I have three gaps in my heatmap by now (Apr 26 and May 11-12) despite having done reviews on those days, so having an ‘automated’ way to fill those gaps with the correct reviews sounds great!

I tried following it (as a Firefox user), but I couldn’t find where I have to delete a file in step #10. I’m not really sure whether it’s supposed to be on my PC, e.g. in /appdata/roaming/Mozilla/…, or accessible through the browser’s settings menu either. I tried to see what happens if I just skip the step and just jump from step #9 to #11 right away, but there was no discernible change in the heatmap after this…

It’s in the F12 menu. I’ll make a better guide today.

And it doesn’t really automatically fill the gaps but just places the reviews in the correct spots, so you’ll need add them to the list manually or through the menu in Heatmap itself.

If you didn’t delete anything, you might have doubled your reviews. I’ll check if it gets rid of duplicates.

2 Likes

There’s now a video linked on the bottom of the readme that goes through the process.

2 Likes

Oooh, thanks a lot for the video! I now managed to fill the uncounted days I did reviews on thanks to it! :rabbit::heart:

2 Likes

I installed heatmap today and it is not showing up at all. I have tried on both fiefox and edge with the same results on a windows 11 desktop. It does show in the settings when I click on the penguin (I think that what that is at least) and under scripts it shows it there. It will allow me to go to the settings. I have disabled all scripts other than open framework and same issue,

1 Like

This happened to me too (?) - It showed up after I did a set of reviews, maybe that’ll fix it if you haven’t tried that yet

1 Like

@Davito3 Thank you for realizing what the issue was before I even had time to look at it :slight_smile:
@Mandopicker As Davito mentioned just doing some reviews should make it show. This didn’t use to be an issue when we still had access to historical reviews, because it would show as long as you had ever done as little as a single review. However, now we don’t have that data, and we have to wait until you do some reviews locally.

1 Like

This is a really amazing plugin :slight_smile:
I have one question, since I work on different computers, I noticed that the heatmap is not aggregated (i see streaks broken, and the average workload is off, etc).

Is there a way to consolidate both computer heatmaps into one somehow?

Thank you!

1 Like

Is there a way to fix the negative numbers starting to show up after you insert a review to fix your streak? Because mine is starting to look like this:
Screenshot 2023-05-17 120748

1 Like

I actually made a clunky little app that does just that.

And I just realized that I’ve been an absolute idiot and I’m going to make this one like 100x better.

1 Like

i tried that, but now its broken

with my exported review_cache, is there a chance for recovery?

Interesting… You deleted the earlier data and then inserted the new data? Are on Chrome or Firefox? Could also be that the amount of reviews is breaking it.

And yeah if you have the extracted data, it can be just pushed with

review_cache.insert(JSON.parse(<paste here>))