[Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

v.3.0.62 Added a way to manually register reviews from the reviews settings. Not at all polished, because I am hoping it wont stay long. Hopefully this will help some people keep their streaks accurate

12 Likes

Thank you for keeping the Heatmap running @Kumirei!

5 Likes

Something is causing my time to be in the negatives.
I’m not 100% sure if this thing is causing my issue but I’ll lead with that:

And here’s the issue:

I’m not sure how that happened but could be that when I tried to add reviews for the doomsday 26th. So any way to remove reviews?

Might also be related that the 27th is in the negatives:

1 Like

Thanks, I have an idea of how that could happen. I’ll take a look at it tomorrow

Sorry, I think doing it that way might cause the dates to get a bit messed up. I have changed the instructions to use JSON.stringify(await review_cache.get_reviews()) instead.

1 Like

Did you happen to use the instructions I had listed above to move your data between devices?

No I used this window.review_cache.insert([[+(new Date("2023-04-27"))+200, 1, 1, 0, 0]]) which was in a different thread.

EDIT. Might be able to fix this on my own.

EDIT2. Got it working but if I add a review to earlier date, the time counter goes to negatives.

EDIT3. Managed to insert the data between dates and now my heatmap is beautiful again.

Needs more level ups though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just crying little bit :cry: I do reviews on the app entirely, so I did not notice the breaking changes right away, and of course I was doing reviews thru those 11 days, but my streak now has no proof. Oh well

3 Likes

That’s strange. I’ll have to look into this some more

If you just want to fix your streak you can go to the reviews settings and manually register a review (or more) on the missing days

4 Likes

Thank you so much for adding the option to register reviews manually ! :smiley:
I could fix my streak that way. It felt good !

Now my time indicator is messed up though. It reads -115h. Whatever it’s not that bad.

2 Likes

Hm. I have an idea of what it might be, but I’ll need to investigate more

Ah that would explain the issues I was having, figured they were something on my end. Thanks for clearing that up

1 Like

I updated the heatmap yesterday (thanks so much for your work!!) but now sadly all my reviews from the past years are no longer visible! the review heatmap starts from today, and the lessons map from the beginning of this year. Is there any way to retrieve my the data from the past years, and make it visible again? If not, it is not the end of the world, but I thought I would ask because I always enjoyed seeing my progress over the years.

1 Like

Well I tried something and just sorting the reviews based on the timestamp before pushing them back in should work but might take a bit of time on the client. This is probably required because the times you get() are all full times but the ones in the database are just the differences.

1 Like

Sorry, unless you still have the reviews on another device there’s nothing we can do

2 Likes

alright, thanks for your reply anyways!

2 Likes

Hello! first of all thanks for the script, I love it (very good taste on UI on how to show information).

I do WK with my personal and work PC, but seems that they are tracking my reviews on the heatmap independently and not consolidating the data :frowning:

Is there any chance for me to fix this? I was hoping the tracking would be account-based and not device-based :smiley:

1 Like

It used to be account-based, but recently as mentioned earlier in this thread Wanikani made some (hopefully temporary) changes stopping scripts from accessing past reviews. So right now the heatmap can only record reviews on individual devices. Hopefully they’ll have a fix at some point soon but until then there’s unfortunately not much any of the script authors can do!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the reply! I’ll cross my fingers on it, accessing past review is pretty vital for the API.

Sorry for being a bit lazy and posting instead of reading a bit for this answer beforehand :B

2 Likes