[Userscript] Review Summary on the dashboard

Which icons? Could this be related to this?

Yeah, that’s totally it. This script used font-awesome icons that are obviously no longer part of the self hosted font awesome. Looks like these might go as well once the next update goes through. I’ll see what kind of icons WK has available in their new setup.
Thanks for linking!

Tofugu doesn’t recommend doing this.

In case this helps

Which is totally understandable from a WK perspective. They can’t support custom script contents. But from a development perspective, the advice is kind of void. Unless you want the page to look like 27 components cobbled together, you have to reuse styles and icons to create a uniform look and feel. Luckily the second link you added provides just that - a uniform way for scripts to use icons. It will still need updates everytime WK changes their icons, but at least it’s a central location and icons won’t disappear, they’ll just look different from the rest of the page for a while.

Thanks again for all the info, I just don’t monitor enough of the site these days to stay on top of things.

Works a charm! Thanks for the very quick fix! :slight_smile:

Hello~ Just a quick notification to let you know, that the recent update for WaniKani seems to have broken the script. At least forme.

Version 0.9.5 is out and should be fixed. Let me know if you encounter any issues, and thank you for reporting!

Latest site update seems to have broken it again. Now the script isn’t picking up the most recent session. I haven’t looked into it any deeper so you’d probably have a better idea what happened.

Also, one thing that never got fixed last time is that the summary widget didn’t show up until you refreshed the page. Something about a lifecycle event not triggering I guess.

Edit: I haven’t gotten this to happen again, so I’m guessing I caught it in a transition state the first time the new page loaded.

Oh, this happens for you too. I thought it just meant that WaniKani updates broke the script. It only happens when I come back (to the home page) after doing my reviews, though.

Will you update the script to be a widget we can integrate into the new dashboard? Or something similar?

That would be great - or at least a toggle to get it up to the top of the dashboard :slight_smile: Mine does show up, but only at the very bottom of the page now.

I’ve fixed it locally and uploaded it to a private project on Greasy Fork, but I don’t want to step on @rwesterhof ‘s toes here. I’ll post if you’re okay with it. Here’s what it looks like:

Currently it uses a hard-coded slot in the first row, but I could make that configurable in the menu. I’m guessing the workflow for script users moving forward is going to be “make a blank space in your dashboard, then tell your script where the blank space is”

Now that I’m confident enough that I’m not gonna conflict with the official version, here’s my hacked up version: WaniKani Review Summary Unauthorized Fork

In order to get it working, you need to edit your dashboard a bit, like so:

Create a blank space somewhere in your dashboard. If you use the last item on the first row, you should be golden. If you want it to go somewhere else, you have to specify where:

Specify which row number your blank space is in, and then which slot within that row. Counting starts at 1.

For those that life depends on this script (like me :sweat_smile:)

the wanikani updated the events emitted on the review page, breaking couple of the scripts that depended on them.

I made a fix for that, but I don’t know who is maintaining this script

I use this script with Dashboard Cockpit so I didn’t need the tile fix for the new dashboard

In any case, here is a version for Dashboard Cockpit
WaniKani Review Summary
And here for the for the new dashboard (by @sirmarksalot):
WaniKani Review Summary Unauthorized Fork

Heck yeah! Also, I just sent you an author invite if you want to merge back.

Done :slight_smile: I’ve deleted mine and pointed to yours