[Userscript] Extra Study: Audio Quiz

This is a third-party script and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

This is a script I created three months ago after a request by @Hubbit200.

You need WaniKani Open Framework to use this script.

What does it do?

This script adds a switch to the extra study section:

After enabling this switch, all vocabulary items in extra study sessions will only have audio ⇒ meaning questions. You can use Ctrl+J or Alt+J to replay the audio.

12 Likes

This should be working now in version 1.7.

3 Likes

Great, thank you!!

3 Likes

@Sinyaven I finally have time to do some extra study again, but this script seems to have stopped working :cry: The first issue I saw is that the @match statement needs to be updated so that it’ll actually run on the page again, but it still doesn’t seem to work. I’m guessing something changed recently with the queue structure maybe?
It would be amazing if you could take a look at some point - I’m going to Japan in two weeks so I’m studying furiously! :grin:
No worries if you don’t have time though, I can always try to work it out in a few weeks when I get back. Thanks!

EDIT: It seems to be stopping any audio at all from playing in fact… Both with and without other scripts running

1 Like

@Sinyaven Hi, where to find this script that is required and Audio Quiz cannot be installed due 404 of https://greasyfork.org/scripts/441518-wanikani-queue-manipulator/code/WaniKani%20Queue%20Manipulator.js?version=1062270
thanks

1 Like

@Hubbit200, @watanuki_kun, I’m sorry for the extremely late response. :bowing_man: I have finally updated the script to version 2.0, so it should work again (hopefully).

3 Likes