[Userscript]: Double-Check (Version 2.x)

Anyone using Safari on MacOS Ventura (aka 13 or more specifically 13.3) that double check works for? Basically I’m wondering if updating to the latest OS would make double check work.

1 Like

I’m on Ventura and I’m having the same problems as other Mac users. :confused:

2 Likes

This fixed it for me! It seems to work perfectly now! :blush:

3 Likes

@rfindley I am having some compatibility issues between this and the next version of my script [Userscript] Wanikani Katakana For Onyomi
In the current version I inject answers into the quiz-queue, but this turned out to be bad for a few reasons (bad compatibility with queue rearranging scripts, lose functionality like “oops you typed kunyomi we were looking for onyomi”), so now I am intending to back to my older way of changing the evaluate function on the live AnswerChecker.

But I note that you are making a copy of the answerChecker and using for your script. Would it instead be possible for you to refer to the live one? I tried editing your startup() function to be

let AnswerChecker = (await import('lib/answer_checker/answer_checker')).default;
            answer_checker = Stimulus.controllers.find(c => c.answerChecker).answerChecker;

which seems to resolve the compatibility issue, but I’m not sure if this is the best way to do it. Otherwise maybe you could provide a way for me to interact with your copy of the answerChecker?

1 Like

Hi, i don’t really know if this got already answered, but i couldn’t find anything. I have Double Check installed but the buttons to rewrite my answers are not there. Also the shortcuts to correct something are not working.
I’m using firefox on Win 10.
Open Framework and Double Check are on the latest patch
Is this issue known? Or do i do something wrong?
Thanks for help

I think I can help with this one. You should open the Dashboard and switch the hierarchy of the scripts so that Open Framework is first: you need it to load it first so that Double Check can work. :slight_smile:

Well i checked that too. But its all fine
grafik

Your issue looks like what I had, are you running latest firefox?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll do this. I didn’t know how to access the live one since it’s not attached directly to a DOM element. Your solution may help me clean up a couple other pieces of code, too. Thanks! (It may be a day or so before I can get to it.)

2 Likes

Hmm well that could be the issue. Unfortunate i cant update it myself because it’s also my work pc.
My current Version is 102.9.0esr from 14. march but there is a new one from 21. march 111.0.1
I’ll test it later then and see if it works. Thanks for your advice

One issue to be aware of: Try a refresh once you get to the Reviews page. Since WK is becoming a single-page app, which doesn’t do a full page-load whennyou move from page to page, Double-Check doesn’t start properly unless you get to the reviews page from the dashboard. (a fix is on my to-do list, but I ran out of time last week).

Also, this may or may not be obvious, but you need to enable either the Retype or Change Answer features in the Double-Check settings window.

3 Likes

My issue was characterised by the following error in the browser console

Uncaught TypeError: Failed to resolve module specifier "lib/answer_checker/utils/response_helpers". Relative references must start with either "/", "./", or "../"

you may want to check if you’re getting that as well.
But my FF version was also a full year old, but it looks like 102 esr is also around a year old, and I guess ESRs don’t get support for new js features.

Also you may want to contact your it department about how it won’t allow you to upgrade your browser, but will allow you to run arbitrary js code pulled from the internet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m going to post an update later this morning that will probably fix support for Safari. (Safari lags in Javascript support, so it needs some ‘shims’ to bring it up to date)

3 Likes

Since the IT giveth and the IT taketh away, I don’t think I’d point out the userscript part, haha!

3 Likes

Not sure if i should explain everything in detail to them xD

2 Likes

Great! I’ll give it a try. :yellow_heart:

It lets me wait to do an OS upgrade, which I appreciate. :3 (Although it does go pretty easy on Mac, but still lots of fiddly settings things to take care of that are just blargh.)

1 Like

If you’re interested to try the fix sooner, I’m just going to search for “import” in the script and replace it with “importShim”, since that’s reportedly working.

1 Like

Oh, I’d already tried that fix and it doesn’t seem to do anything with my current setup. But then the menu cog doesn’t even show for me right now. (Neither with normal import, nor importShim.)

1 Like

Ahh, sorry… I have a lot of forum posts to sort through, so I can’t remember who posted what. Did you post any error messages after trying the importShim thing? If so, I’ll find it above when I work on the script later this morning. But if you haven’t, please do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Super weird. Since i can’t change anything and can’t even open the console in firefox, i switched to Microsoft edge and it works just fine. Not my prefered solution but when it works, i don’t mind.
Thanks for your help. Seems like my firefox vereion really is the issue here.

2 Likes