[Unsupported] Userscript: Dashboard Level Progress Detail (srs stages on progress bars)

Correct. I haven’t made any improvements to this script recently. I’ve been focusing on the leech training script and the app store script.

I would like to see just one little update: 90% mark for kanji bar. This will be helpful i think.

1 Like

Really enjoying this script! Somehow it feels very “right”. Kind of wish I could click and expand a list of the items like with the vanilla frontpage, but this works well. :slight_smile:

The script has trouble updating lately. It sometimes works, but I don’t know what causes it to work. I always get “uncaught exception: undefined” after a couple of seconds:

Edit: The problem seems to have fixed itself. Not sure what this was about…

It’s still showing my lvl 35 stats to me :thinking:

Have you looked at your script execution order? That might be an issure here, I think, as I recently changed the order and at around that time it started working again, but I’m not entirely sure.

I’ve used my limited knowledge plus google to add in a 90% marker. I did this on desktop Firefox, and it seems fine on Android Firefox. I’m sure it can be improved.

Replace line 42 (which says ' <div class="chart">'+) with:

'<div class="chart" style="position:relative;">'+
'<div class="threshold" style="width: 90%;height:100%;position:absolute;padding-right:0.5em;color:#a6a6a6;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:right;border-right:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.1);-webkit-box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing:border-box;box-sizing:border-box;-webkit-box-shadow:1px 0 0 #eee;-moz-box-shadow:1px 0 0 #eee;box-shadow:1px 0 0 #eee;text-shadow:0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.5)"><div style="position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;">'+
Math.ceil(progress.max * 0.9) +
'&nbsp</div></div>'+

The “position: relative” style is added to the existing “chart” div, so be sure that line is replaced entirely.

What this does is add in the original 90% marker, expand it to double height so it pops out under the bar, and give the number needed to meet the 90% goal. The reason for the huge mess of styling is that the original css wasn’t applying to the “threshold” class, so I copy/pasted it out of WaniKani’s css sheet. “position: relative” style is added to the existing “chart” div because it’s needed so that the “position: absolute” can force the text into the bottom right corner, and also because “width:90%” wouldn’t work on the absolute threshold div.

Here’s an attempt I made at having the marker line up with the intervals. Just using the other one is good enough because it gets the point across about where the 90% mark is, and I think this one may be a bit much. Edit: I change my mind, this version is fine even if it ain’t perfect.

'<div class="chart" style="position:relative;">'+
( progress.max < 10 ? "" :
'<div class="threshold" style="width: '+ Math.ceil(progress.max * 0.9)*100/progress.max +'%;height:100%;position:absolute;padding-right:0.5em;color:#a6a6a6;font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:right;border-right:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.1);-webkit-box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing:border-box;box-sizing:border-box;-webkit-box-shadow:1px 0 0 #eee;-moz-box-shadow:1px 0 0 #eee;box-shadow:1px 0 0 #eee;text-shadow:0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.5)"><div style="position:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;">'+
Math.ceil(progress.max * 0.9) +
'&nbsp</div></div>' ) +

It works fine-ish (off by a pixel or two *relative to another mark on my 30/33 kanji progress bar) on desktop Firefox, but mobile Firefox has a small enough screen for it to be right on. It calculates the fraction instead of just using 90%, but if the total is less than 10, the width will end up being 100% and there ends up being two of the same number on top of each other so I have it just not show the number instead.

1 Like

So uh, this just happened…

Been fine up until now, if sometimes a little misaligned, but that’s definitely not supposed to happen…
If it helps for Level 7 Vocab Guru + is 78, Apprentice IV is 16, Apprentice III is 6 and Apprentice II is 3.

This probably happened because they added items to level 7 and the script has the old data cached, causing the number of items being more than 100%. Don’t expect hitechbunny to answer though, they’ve been absent for months

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Still works either way so no big deal.

BTW, to have this script properly working, Firefox users no$cript extension needs to authorize the javascript from:
curious-attempt-bunny.github.io

Hi,

Since yesterday, I am experiencing issue with this script.
I elevated to level 11, yet the script displays level 10 info:

Also, it shows that I have only achieve ‘guru’ for half of my level 10 kanjis, which is wrong as I am level 11.

ps :
the community forum is also flacky, and reports incorrectly my current rank as level 10.

Logging out and then doing log in back might fix the forum situation. Related to the 1st problem, the scripts developed by @hitechbunny are no longer supported, so some problems might occur. In this case, the server controlling all the information for these scripts to use is currently down. It might not come back, but usually it does. We’ll have to wait and see.

Any script by hitechbunny is unsupported since they haven’t been online for months. And their server appears to be down right now based on this post:

As for the forums, they simply have a delay for a short period.

thank you both, indeed:

• the forum was refreshed once I logged back in
  • it is definitely something with the 3rd party server, thanks for the link.

Aaaaand we’re back!

So I don’t know if it’s just this script or if everythings going weird on me but for a while now the script hasn’t been updating, even after a reinstall. Even weirder another script I got rid of is leaching off this one. An appstore script I tried that became unsupported and thus non functional. When this script is enabled (maybe others too, hard to tell since it’s being weird about it) the icon for it appears even though I don’t have the script anymore and haven’t for a while. I have no idea what’s going on at all and I can’t see what progress I’m making because of my script(s) acting weird.

Edit: I realized it’s also not updating another script that breaks down each of the SRS levels, showing the same non-updated amount as this script, so I’m really stuck with this one.

1 Like

The endpoint this script is calling at https://wanikanitools-golang.curiousattemptbunny.com/level/progress?api_key=\<your-api-v2-key> has been down with a 502 error for at least a few days, causing the lack of updates. I leveled up while I thought I was 4 or 5 days away based on the bars, so probably 4-6 days now. This script is dead unless the curiousattemptbunny.com site comes back up or the api call can be rewritten to use the regular WK api.

2 Likes

I’ve posted my updated version here: [Userscript] Dashboard Level Progress Detail. update to broken script

Uses WKOF to get around the broken dependency, and I added some other stuff I made like 90% marker. I also just pushed an update on greasyfork to fix a problem if you just leveled up where it wouldn’t show the new bars until you learned them.

1 Like